2019 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went fishing with my pals the other dayyyyy. Knob of the weekend goes to the guy in the white Champion boat at the mouth of the Cap, by himself, with 3 rods out, on his cell phone, zig zagging in and out of the 50+ boats almost hitting us. We're new to the salt water scene and are not only trying to increase our catch record but also learn proper etiquette. Forums like this one, the weekly Pacific Angler fishing reports and all the you tube we can watch has helped. Thanks to those who share your ideas and up to date reports from the water. Much appreciated!

Went fishing with my pals the other dayyyyy. Knob of the weekend goes to the guy in the white Champion boat at the mouth of the Cap, by himself, with 3 rods out, on his cell phone, zig zagging in and out of the 50+ boats almost hitting us. We're new to the salt water scene and are not only trying to increase our catch record but also learn proper etiquette. Forums like this one, the weekly Pacific Angler fishing reports and all the you tube we can watch has helped. Thanks to those who share your ideas and up to date reports from the water. Much appreciated!
There's etiquette at the cap?! Lol. Come on that's hilarious. Even the guides don't follow any kind of protocol there.

bring a slingshot and a handful of gravel. They get really freaked out when the rocks hit the water near them, and generally leave. Every boat should have a slingshot for this purpose. Make sure you get one with a wrist brace (Wrist rocket?)
Great idea. I actually do have a slingshot in the boat but no gravel. I guess slingshot without any ammunition is useless. Lol

I never target chum in the salt but last year caught one while fishing for Spring and Coho around NA. It was well over 15lb and I have to tell you, it was amazingly silver so much so that initially was hard to recognize it was a chum and the fight was almost same as Sping. BTW, it was an excellent eating fish once it was smoked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back