How much of your money has Justin spent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of the Conservative candidates were condemning the restrictions this summer. John Hirst from Nanaimo/Ladysmith was very critical as was Byron Horner as they both met with SFI reps
its politics man, that's how it works - you hack down the controlling party every chance you get when you are not in power. What do they 'propose' to do to fix it though? Do they have a plan? As said - only thing clear to me is they like fish farms so how exactly does that help us? Unless we see great early numbers with Albion, we will still be off the water til August, end of story. I think only the NDP will actually entertain at least initiating a clipped fishery for June/July. I guarantee my local Con candidate won't do a thing for us and that's why I have my stance.

Confused really - if that is your deciding point, what exactly are Conservatives going to do to make fishing access better? I have seen nothing you guys have provided besides some round table thing. I have however seen, that Conservatives are all about fish farms and are the only ones not entertaining land based closed containment (translation in bed with fish farms). They are also science deniers and our whole battle was that Libs didn't listen to the science so took us off the water. Uh, whats the diff? I honestly don't see why the rah rah Conservatives fishy fishy. I get nothing besides guns, more guns, rah rah rah! Also come on, Scheer has so far lied about employment, his education, and citizenship (by omission). Obviously he runs off the Trump 'tell em what they wanna hear just to get in' platform.

ITs beyond long to explain but its the conclusion i have come up with after taking part in various fisheries meetings for the last two years. If you have been to thoes meetings and have come up with a different explanation please let me know. I have talked to guides that said this is the first year ever that they will be voting for conservative government as they have sat face to face with the liberal fisheries minister and came to that conclusion.

The last meeting i went to the DFO resource manager said that ottawa doesn't seem to care about recreational fishing. Cutting chinook fishing, cutting prawn retion, cutting shellfish, yellow eye ect...

essentially a reallocation to FN fisheries

its politics man, that's how it works - you hack down the controlling party every chance you get when you are not in power. What do they 'propose' to do to fix it though? Do they have a plan? As said - only thing clear to me is they like fish farms so how exactly does that help us? Unless we see great early numbers with Albion, we will still be off the water til August, end of story. I think only the NDP will actually entertain at least initiating a clipped fishery for June/July. I guarantee my local Con candidate won't do a thing for us and that's why I have my stance.

remember that DFO put forward option A and option B. Option C more severe than both options was chosen.

Under the conservatives i believe that option B probably is what would have happened.

ITs beyond long to explain but its the conclusion i have come up with after taking part in various fisheries meetings for the last two years. If you have been to thoes meetings and have come up with a different explanation please let me know. I have talked to guides that said this is the first year ever that they will be voting for conservative government as they have sat face to face with the liberal fisheries minister and came to that conclusion.

The last meeting i went to the DFO resource manager said that ottawa doesn't seem to care about recreational fishing. Cutting chinook fishing, cutting prawn retion, cutting shellfish, yellow eye ect...

essentially a reallocation to FN fisheries

So we don't know if Cons think any differently, we just know where Libs stand...right? I mean, we hated Shea...thanks to yours truly Cons. All I get out of Cons is big business for the win. Fish farm, Patterson - they will cater to their needs. I could be wrong, but that's what I figure will be their focus.

So we don't know if Cons think any differently, we just know where Libs stand...right? I mean, we hated Shea...thanks to yours truly Cons. All I get out of Cons is big business for the win. Fish farm, Patterson - they will cater to their needs. I could be wrong, but that's what I figure will be their focus.

recreational salmon fishing is also a BIG business

spread out to too many people - they like the big corps that pay them big $$ in donations. Probably 80% of the revenue from our sector comes from middle class.

Wasn't it the Liberals that benefited from Big money donors. Conservatives i believe get most of their donations from small donations.

Wasn't it the Liberals that benefited from Big money donors. Conservatives i believe get most of their donations from small donations.
yeah, i believe so, but now that Libs/NDP/Green want to tax big corp/rich, have to assume big money will focus on Cons now.

yeah, i believe so, but now that Libs/NDP/Green want to tax big corp/rich, have to assume big money will focus on Cons now.

why didn't the libs tax them more the last 4 years??

The only ones i think that would tax the rich more is NDP, while i like their child care plan and I think they would actually do a decent job managing fisheries they are not going to win in my riding.

Its liberals or conservative for me, with NDP and Greens being a throw away vote

why didn't the libs tax them more the last 4 years??

The only ones i think that would tax the rich more is NDP, while i like their child care plan and I think they would actually do a decent job managing fisheries they are not going to win in my riding.

Its liberals or conservative for me, with NDP and Greens being a throw away vote

liberals on the rich: https://www.advisor.ca/tax/tax-news/liberals-target-wealthy-with-luxury-tax/

yep, if your riding has no shot NDP, do what you have to do. Mine however does, so do I go with:
https://twitter.com/AMacGregor4CML/status/1018141221011636230 who can certainly win re-election
or this joker that reminds me of every clueless, unqualified moron that Trump bought in as a yes man down south
http://www.instapuma.com/media/2134281534239149773_1498918932

Simple for me

Average Canadian household spent more on taxes than living costs in 2018, report finds

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/bus...old-spent-more-on-taxes-than-living-costs-in/
This is why it is absolutely laughable that libs,ndp,and green can even speak of affordability!
Wake up Canada......tax and spend does not make living more affordable....

Fraser Institute lost it many years ago with it's tax report.
No one takes them seriously any more.
They are down to cheap parlor tricks now as that's what some in their crowd expect.
You think at a $500 a plate dinner they were pushing the agenda for the average family?
Naaaa... me neither.
Vote ABC

index.php

Last edited:
So just for the record...if an organization has fundraisers that cost $500 a plate or more to attend, you would say that whatever policy they're pushing must harm average Canadians, or at best produce no positive effects?

The only people I have seen who think the Fraser Institute are not credible, tend to think the Tyee is a real newspaper and Rabble.ca is full of intelligent political discourse...disliking the Fraser Institute's laissez-faire economics does not make them wrong. It's a think tank of mainstream capitalist economic thought. The fact that they have a dinner with entertainment doesn't mean anything at all and it's fairly silly to pretend it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back