2019 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spent 4 hours at SH today. Just put my lines in and bang. Lost it, nice size Spring. Picked up a couple of small Springs tho. Nice day. Think things have changed. Slower for sure.

Naaa we just need more room on our licence. Some of us were busy fishing whiles others boat were in the shop or taking site seeing trips up the coast.:p
I saved 4 spots on my license for those delicious winters. Fresh fish all year! But yeah you're right I didn't fish as much as I would have liked this summer. Just glad I hit that solid week when I got back in August. That will go down as some of the best fishing we all will ever see. Back to circumnavigating Bowen for now I guess. At least it's a relaxing fishery.

Man there is so much fishing to be done before next spring. Y'all need warmer boats. :)
Yup , Did lots of that in my time, kinda getting to old for slipping on the dock and going into that water...for some reason in winter it feels even colder ...leave it for the young blood .. But , remember we are counting on you to keep the fish eye candy lit for us .... keep posting and who knows u just might see one of us out there lol Good Luck, Tight Lines and Be Safe !

As Rambo said in First Blood ,"It's never over ".
Got to be Coho and Chum still coming , and still some White Spring ,???????, Am I right ????

As Rambo said in First Blood ,"It's never over ".
Got to be Coho and Chum still coming , and still some White Spring ,???????, Am I right ????
You tell me! I've had a couple of pretty unproductive shifts at the cap in the past week. Mind you they were short and I ran out of bait (I refuse to buy any more). I might start QA to North Arm tac these next couple weeks. Don't feel like making the long haul out to SH. Lots of solo trips this time of year.

fished sandheads from 8:30-2 today, only one shaker for the efforts ran mostly bait and couple hootchies. moved over to west van/cap mouth. Hit a 20+ pounder around 3:30 on the flood on anchovie, 55ft of water. Heading out tomorrow morning for one more kick at it, see how she goes!

Attachments

• 3F176E29-1780-47A5-9560-12924D4635A8.jpeg
    3F176E29-1780-47A5-9560-12924D4635A8.jpeg
    504.4 KB · Views: 134
fished sandheads from 8:30-2 today, only one shaker for the efforts ran mostly bait and couple hootchies. moved over to west van/cap mouth. Hit a 20+ pounder around 3:30 on the flood on anchovie, 55ft of water. Heading out tomorrow morning for one more kick at it, see how she goes!
Nice fish! Looks fresh was it a red?

Epic morning at Cap yesterday. Started at 9:30 and within 20 mins had a double off the QD fishing off bottom. Had to do the two fish in one net routine and ended up with a 16 and 18. 20 mins later another 18 and the we started releasing. Ended up releasing three more. Back to Tbird marina by noon. All the fish were caught within 1/2km either side of the QD just off bottom on chovy. Who says the flood is best at the cap. Lol.

You tell me! I've had a couple of pretty unproductive shifts at the cap in the past week. Mind you they were short and I ran out of bait (I refuse to buy any more). I might start QA to North Arm tac these next couple weeks. Don't feel like making the long haul out to SH. Lots of solo trips this time of year.
Your probably going to do better North this time of year, I have fished QA in fall and winter and pulled 20+ Chinooks out of there, oh ya bait is reasonable at Robs Baits in Richmond a case of Blues for $280 for 40 pkgs. thats $7 bucks a pkg !! And they are vacuum packed in excellent shap !

Another one hit wonder for me at the cap. Big hit, pop the clip, baits gone. Back to work I guess.

2 color full at the cap in quick succession. 60’ on rigger. Uv haze teaser. One naked one glow flasher. By yellow can. Still all by myself
Which boat were you? I was in the same area. I'm the biggest one :confused:. Hard to miss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back