2019 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first call this morning was in Lions Bay drove past the harbour it was nasty out there if the fishing was up howe sound its beautiful up here this morning but the harbour and the strait look unfishable at the moment

It’s blowing 20 mph at my house right now in point grey. Last night we had gusts to 50. Worst Ive seen it in the 14 years I’ve lived here.

what's this 5km model? Can't find it. Windy and windfinder have completely different forecasts for the next few days. Windy is showing >15 knot winds wheareas windfinder is showing half that value for the same date/time/location. Why is there such a huge difference?

In the Windy App go to the three horizontal bars on the bottom right to access the menu. Scroll down in the menu and you will see three different weather models. The models will vary depending on where you are in the world. In our neck of the woods Windy seems to default to the 9km model but there is a 5km NAM model. The 5km model is higher resolution and will have more granular forecast. I personally have found the 5km model has saved my bacon many times by showing weather windows and corridors; handy when planning winter/spring fishing and runs over to Thrasher. The 5km NAM model doesn’t go all the way up the coast but is useful around our parts.

Just got back from a walk down to the boat on the Jericho side and it looks someone has since pissed on the plate ... there is now a ripple all across the harbour. P.S. or ****, definitely should have gone out this morning.

Last edited:
Screenshot_20190928-111130_Windy.jpgScreenshot_20190928-111111_Samsung Internet.jpg Who do u trust .....No need to comment on this thread just my 2cents :(, so a guys just gotta do what a guys gotta do .....GOOOOOOOOOOO !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back