2019 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solid day yesterday. The weather turned out to be far nicer than earlier forecast. Took out some co-workers who had never fished before and managed to get into some nice action at Sand Heads. Action was pretty consistent from 7:30-12. With the novices on-board I set up way out from the pack in around the 400-500’ depth so I could get them comfortable with the gear, but we ended up spending the entire time out there because it started working.

Riggers at 45-65’ running big anchovies.

Biggest fish was 22.5 chinook but we got into a number of high teens and a fair number of coho. Did the old “pop the lines off the clip and let them drift up” as we were about to depart; always nice to hope for one last hit. Crew thought it was BS but we were rewarded with a solid coho hit on one of the lines.

Great day and everybody went home with fish and stories to go with their food.

Attachments

• 7E9A77A7-BEF3-4AE9-B671-4EA9BB12BCAF.jpeg
    7E9A77A7-BEF3-4AE9-B671-4EA9BB12BCAF.jpeg
    289.7 KB · Views: 191
  • BA64BF48-185D-40B6-A530-D2A87FECB28B.jpeg
    BA64BF48-185D-40B6-A530-D2A87FECB28B.jpeg
    209.1 KB · Views: 194
Caught a nice wild coho at T10 around 10:00am yesterday. I thought I was going to loses him when a 23 fit boat running to SH drove right over it when I was fighting it. I don’t understand why ppl have to drive right pass you when you are the only boat in the area. Also caught 4 shakers

Did the old “pop the lines off the clip and let them drift up” as we were about to depart; always nice to hope for one last hit. Crew thought it was BS but we were rewarded with a solid coho hit on one of the lines.
For whatever reason that doesn't work nearly as well in other places along the coast but here it's always worth trying.
I don’t understand why ppl have to drive right pass you when you are the only boat in the area.
So you can see how cool they are [/s]

Yea , people who can't drive a bit slower through a group of trolling boats .
Or the douche that packs up his gear to go home , and feels he must shoot out of the hole in full throttle, right among a bunch of boats . You know who you are , your not cool .

Heavy rain pounding on the roof and the forecast looks wet for the next few days. Me thinking if it’s still worth going out to the SH for one last kick at the can next weekend??

upload_2019-9-22_15-58-8.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2019-9-22_15-58-8.png
    upload_2019-9-22_15-58-8.png
    362.5 KB · Views: 5
So much for thursday, I wouldn't even make it under the bridge if this is for real:

ThursdayWind northwest 40 knots diminishing to northwest 25.

Fishing was good this weekend at SH. You guys think it will continue to be productive for springs even into early Oct or will the majority of the fish already be upstream by the end of this month?

Fishing was good this weekend at SH. You guys think it will continue to be productive for springs even into early Oct or will the majority of the fish already be upstream by the end of this month?
It will be gone with the rains, only so many waves of fish until it's over.. These heavy rains aren't what we need , but the fish do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back