2019 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solid day today at sandheads. 3 chinook one hatch coho at 49 and 69 all on chovies.
One of the chinooks was a feeder --> Immature eggs, looked just like a winter fish.
Also, anyone know whatsup with all the flare guns going off at sandheads? i saw at least 2 or 3 fishing boats fire flares today, but no one seemed to be in distress..

Solid day today at sandheads. 3 chinook one hatch coho at 49 and 69 all on chovies.
One of the chinooks was a feeder --> Immature eggs, looked just like a winter fish.
Also, anyone know whatsup with all the flare guns going off at sandheads? i saw at least 2 or 3 fishing boats fire flares today, but no one seemed to be in distress..
Lucky for you. Was out in SH 7:30 -2:30. Only got 2 bites. Didn't stick. Did not see much actions in the 100 boats out there. I think somebody was using bear hangar to scare off seals , not a distress flare.

Lucky for you. Was out in SH 7:30 -2:30. Only got 2 bites. Didn't stick. Did not see much actions in the 100 boats out there. I think somebody was using bear hangar to scare off seals , not a distress flare.

Ahhhh that makes much more sense.
Thanks for clarifying!

awesome ab thanks for the updates today I was out there with you.

Great day fishing from the office

awesome ab thanks for the updates today I was out there with you.

Great day fishing from the office

I've been in that same spot too many times to count so I hope the narrative from today helped in some small way.

The 20 lb spring of course hit when I had tools all over the deck swapping out the other flush mount rod holder base. My buddy was on the wheel, in a conference call of all things. Took a bit to gel and he dropped off quickly to deliver an awesome job on the net. That fish peeled out line 3 times just like a mid summer screamer. The new trophy xl titans (thanks highwater) power 2s are great and the "farr better flasher" popped the pin so the battle was on without the flasher action in the way .

By the way the whales showed up way out where we were as well just as we were picking up to run back to lgm. What an absolutely amazing way to close out this fantastic summer. Cheers to all and get out there if you can, its definitely not over!

In the tourney , took 2nd . Was 1st until 7 min before scale closed a nice 28 lb came in. Mine was 26.2 caught at SH at 11am, 90 ft on the wire in 200 ft of water , using anchovie . All in all still got a great prize a Brutus Maxtorque. The NVFD Tourney is fantastic I've been in it 8 yes now and cant wait until next year. Recommend it to all 20190920_124035.jpg

So I decided to run to SH at first light. What an amazing day it was. Hooked 7 springs but only 2 were landed. One was a bit over 23 lb which made me the 6th winner in the derby. 4 fish out of 7 lost to seal. One of the one lost to seal felt way bigger than the 23 lb I landed. Very frustrating indeed but was an awesome day and yes it’s not over yet. Fish caught at 56’, 65’ and 80’ in 300’ of water.

In the tourney , took 2nd . Was 1st until 7 min before scale closed a nice 28 lb came in. Mine was 26.2 caught at SH at 11am, 90 ft on the wire in 200 ft of water , using anchovie . All in all still got a great prize a Brutus Maxtorque. The NVFD Tourney is fantastic I've been in it 8 yes now and cant wait until next year. Recommend it to all View attachment 48106

Well done man! It was a great time and I saw that beast you brought to the scale....awesome fish and I was just proud to be near it. Can't wait until next year....the cap wasn't as crowded as I thought it was going to be.....but Port Authority was out there in full force. Good times....tight lines!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back