2019 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not good now at SH. 15 knots NW 5 feet and caps. Getting worse. 6 boats out here only.
Thanks for the comebacks , I saw the reports at noon where Halibut Bank was up to 17 and decided to hang tough, glad I did ,would have been coming down the river. Not a happy place at low tide and a NW....

Picking up the boat at 1 from Inlet. Need to test the kicker.

See ya out there, i'm going to launch at 1 or so from LGM, fuel up at Chevron and take a few swipes past the cap to sharpen my bumper boat skills in advance of the derby tomorrow...is your leg issue resolved now? That was fast if so!

See ya out there, i'm going to launch at 1 or so from LGM, fuel up at Chevron and take a few swipes past the cap to sharpen my bumper boat skills in advance of the derby tomorrow...is your leg issue resolved now? That was fast if so!
No not at all. Bolted back up to take some time to reassess.

Quick question for the group. If you are participating in the derby tomorrow, would you consider running to SH and fish there before coming back to the marina or, just stay around the Cap? the reason I'm asking is there will be tons of boats around the Cap and I'm thinking to stay away from the pack, just not sure if it's worth doing the trip or there will be enough fish around SH to fish for a few hours.
Thanks in advance for your comments.

Quick question for the group. If you are participating in the derby tomorrow, would you consider running to SH and fish there before coming back to the marina or, just stay around the Cap? the reason I'm asking is there will be tons of boats around the Cap and I'm thinking to stay away from the pack, just not sure if it's worth doing the trip or there will be enough fish around SH to fish for a few hours.
If you're going for biggest fish hit SH.

Is the derby saturday as well?

I've been in the derby every year and the fish ALMOST always has been caught at the cap. I fish the SH all year and every year the derby has been on. Except for winning it in 2015 , I have never been lucky fishing the SH on derby day . I have usually used the McDonald beach ramp because I could head eather way and since it's been ugly just about every tournament day, it's nice to head up the North Arm rather than going all the way down to the south arm. Some years I have used the Barrard ramp because it was blowing 20 plus. This year is a toss up what I'll do. I really dont like the cap at all but hell I might just be there for the prize. Is the South Arm going to produce fish after this rain ????? I caught my 30 lber in 2015 there and like I said nothing since eventhough I fish there every week. It's a toss up but be safe and tight lines and Go get it done. Good luck !
PS This is a GREAT TOURNEY WITH EXCELLENT PEOPLE RUNNING IT !!!

Last edited:
Thank you all. I'll toss a coin and just go for it. LOL. The wind supposed to be in our favour tomorrow but you never know. BTW, just learned that lots of spring and coho are moving up the river now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back