2019 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, this is my first sucessful fishing season in saltwater. Quit job amd made about 20 trips to SH this Aug, just couple days no fish....

Ok that made my day! Quit your job and fish 20 days in August. Lol. I’d say your addicted. I’m no veteran but I’d say mid July to mid October. Peaking mid to late August depending on the run. Sept not too shabby either.

Last edited:
Ok that made my day! Quit your job and fish 20 days in August. Lol. I’d say your addicted. I’m no veteran but I’d say mid July to mid October. Peaking mid to late August depending on the run. Sept not too shabby either.
True. Every time I see my fishing rod is jerking it makes my heart near to stop and huge boost of endorphins in my brain. Once after a good day on the water I couldn't fall asleep till 3 AM cause jerking fishing rods were in front of my eyes.

True. Every time I see my fishing rod is jerking it makes my heart near to stop and huge boost of endorphins in my brain. Once after a good day on the water I couldn't fall asleep till 3 AM cause jerking fishing rods were in front of my eyes.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step. That’s big of you. You have lots of support in this forum, we all share the same addiction, so just let it out, we are here. LOL

Welcome to the club my friend. Same thing happens to most of us, I would guess.:D

Just got the update from DFO. Closing Chinook from Sept 14-20 in area 29. Not nice timing with the Firemans charity derby happening on the 20th. Can this government get any worse for recreational fishers.

Just got the update from DFO. Closing Chinook from Sept 14-20 in area 29. Not nice timing with the Firemans charity derby happening on the 20th. Can this government get any worse for recreational fishers.
Website doesn't show any changes. Cap is in area 28 anyways.

Anyone else going to give it a shot tomorrow morning? Wind forecast looks manageable in the AM. Going to give the bell a go first thing then likely move to cap.

Let them have some pinks. Only Rain City wants them.

1. The target species in this fishery is Pink Salmon; the incidental catch of
Chum salmon may be retained in the areas open to fishing. There will be non-
retention of Sockeye, Coho, Chinook and Steelhead. This fishery has been
designed to address stocks of concern constraints.

2. A valid 2019/20 Salmon Area B licence (complete with licence conditions),
logbook requirements, operating revival tanks and brailing are mandatory in
this fishery as well as a legal requirement.

Let them have some pinks. Only Rain City wants them.

1. The target species in this fishery is Pink Salmon; the incidental catch of
Chum salmon may be retained in the areas open to fishing. There will be non-
retention of Sockeye, Coho, Chinook and Steelhead. This fishery has been
designed to address stocks of concern constraints.

2. A valid 2019/20 Salmon Area B licence (complete with licence conditions),
logbook requirements, operating revival tanks and brailing are mandatory in
this fishery as well as a legal requirement.
What is the survival rate in the recovery tanks of the non-retention stocks of concern in this net fishery?

Well, they say you never forget your first...

Today at the Cap about 10am I landed my first salmon. It was a nice one, 15 min fight about 20# spring. I ended up breaking the rod as I had to net that puppy myself and the rod dropped in the boat funny. Well worth it. My kid was out with me which made it really memorable. There were a bunch of boats fishing the areas this morning. 55 on the rigger with an anchovy. Good times and a great dinner. Hope to get out again in a couple of weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back