2019 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great fish by Jason at PA! Some guys (like him) have earned the benefit of the doubt to make a decision on when/if to keep or release and fish and it sounds like this fish was extremely tired (and perhaps bleeding??) with very little chance of successful revival. We all fish for the chance to hook into a beauty like this and had the fish been full of energy when it hit the net I would guess the end result would be different. Pretty cool to see a few hogs like this at Vancouver's front door and while this particular one won't go on to spawn I think Jason has done more than his share to help out with salmon conservation efforts.

Now, we all know these hogs travel in pairs so let's go catch (and release) that other one! :)

Pescador i saw that one yesterday it was south of the jetty so obviously on the move.Be nice if some one could stick a flag in it i didnt have any or i would have. All you guys be extra careful ive seen a few deadheads out there and some low floaters that are real hard to see in the chop.

Well I put in 5 hours today and nothing. I saw zero nets out at the N Arm. Lotta boats and I expect little action. Yea sure a few got fish but I don’t see it as good as last year at this time.

Took my almost 5 year old out today and hit south arm from 9:30-12:30. Found the fish were deeper 90-120ft We went 4 for 4 on Chinook (including a dirty boot 25 inch fish) and had 1 clipped coho, all on standard chovie flasher Glo Glo. Set up the spinning reel on one side for the little guy and go figure it had most of the fish. He is starting to catch the bug finally! I tired the fish out boat side until they were ready for the stun/gaff combo. Really awesome conditions today, I'll definitely remember for a long time.

Screenshot_20190906-185932~2_resize_52.jpg IMG_20190906_111424_resize_2.jpg IMG_20190906_120815_resize_94.jpg IMG_20190906_095251_resize_28.jpg

Exactly!

Limited fishing and reduced catch limits. You better bonk it.
Imagine paying $1200 for a charter and catching a trophy slab like that and the guide says oh no you have to release it!! Haha. Not a chance. Until you’ve done for the fishery what JT has Ringo Starr needs to sit down. FN nets would have got it and fed it to their dogs anyway.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back