2019 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. I’m gonna start the **** right here right now:
They should’ve released this fish back to the gene pool. 46lber doesn’t taste good. Should have been released to go up river and spawn. Would’ been good PR for our sport too. :D

Nice fish and congrats to Jason and his team. Great to see the big ones are coming in.

They should’ve released this fish back to the gene pool. 46lber doesn’t taste good. Should have been released to go up river and spawn. Would’ been good PR for our sport too. :D

Nice fish. Great to see the big ones are coming in.

I’m guessing it was released. Does it say somewhere that it was bonked?

Well that is one hell of a fish. Chilliwack or harrison? Fish of a life time. Guiding a client would say it up to the client if he wants to retain. Nothing against the rules there. If that was a vedder fish then it would have faced the gauntlet anways. I do recall they raised retention to 2 adaults on the vedder anyways. Congrats on the fish.

Nice fish and congrats to Jason and his team. Great to see the big ones are coming in.

Really???? Hasn't there been enough government imposed needless catch and release this year already? And then in August when everyone is tired of releasing Jason and company organize a catch and release tournament to support our hobby. You are barking up the wrong tree......

Exactly!
Really???? Hasn't there been enough government imposed needless catch and release this year already? And then in August when everyone is tired of releasing Jason and company organize a catch and release tournament to support our hobby. You are barking up the wrong tree......

Limited fishing and reduced catch limits. You better bonk it.

without any knowledge of the situation, your comment is @##$%^ dumb!

Was at sandheads from 4-7 last night. Lost the first two (one due to the welded ring on the back of the flashers breaking as the fish was being lead towards the net) and got a nice one in the high teens that I expected to be far bigger due to the fight it put up. A few other strikes that didn’t stick. 73-87 on the riggers.

Well that is one hell of a fish. Chilliwack or harrison? Fish of a life time. Guiding a client would say it up to the client if he wants to retain. Nothing against the rules there. If that was a vedder fish then it would have faced the gauntlet anways. I do recall they raised retention to 2 adaults on the vedder anyways. Congrats on the fish.
Or ended up in a native net on the Harrison

Agree with Fish Tofino, so long as they continue to gill net the Fraser you’re kidding yourself if you think releasing a single sport caught fish is going to help conservation! Whole Fraser sport fishery, even C&R, is closed for “conservation” meanwhile gill netting continues throughout the lower fishing reaches as well as upstream in the canyon ... that’s not fish conservation, that’s conservation of “other” “values” ....

Cheers!

Ukee

I think he was joking and just stirring the pot knowing darn well it was coming anyways lol.
Yep. Glad you got it @walleyes. :)

My freezer is full and I’ve bonked more fish this year than I was expecting. Terminal fisheries are there for our harvest and this fish is an implant White Harrison fish. Walk by the Vedder canal this weekend and watch the hero anglers snagging and bonking them left and right.
If I caught that hog in the salt, “I would’ve introduce her to my club.” ;)

Definitely need smarter genes in this forum’s pool tho.

Last edited:
Great Fish JT !
Good on ya congrats!

Fished S Arm yesterday. Was rather nasty at times with wind and tide.

Bonked 6 springs averaging mid teens. Some pinks and wild Cohos.
Tried a few spoons and Hootchies but our best go to was Chovies 5 ft behind green flashers. 40 to 70 feet.

Lots of fish out there. Orca show on the way back.

Great day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back