2019 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 47676 Piscator signing in. Good to hear that fishing is still robust. Unfortunately...fortunately we left Vancouver for other fishing grounds at Tropical Runaway, Cayman Brac in the Caribbean. Totally a different fishery here, but still exciting. Trolling at 9-12 knots at the 600’ contour line off our home shoreline about 1/4 off the beach. Wahoo and Dorado is our primary catch with Bonita as a tidbit for sashimi appetizers. Have yet to drift for Yellow Fin Tuna, which we may be taking up as the Sargussum weed makes trolling challenging. Will be back for winter fishery. Thanks for all the posts, glad for all the B.C. anglers. Check out our facebook page at Tropical Runaway, Cayman Brac.
I am heading down to the Cayman Islands in late March for a week. Would love to do a fishing charter. Do you know what the fishing is like then? And any recommendations on fishing charters?

Not a bad idea to gut the fish on the log. Probably better than sticking up my green bin. After 2 weeks the stink is gone and the maggots are it. Had to cut the grass to get rid of the smell and the unsightly visual of opening the bin.

Confirmed dead 46 lb fish today by a top rod everyone on this site knows , not my fish so can’t post picture but I’m sure it will come out .

Location.......?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back