Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

My brother had a 1996 that he and his family loved until they had their 2nd daughter. The cuddy served them well, with my brother being 6 feet tall. Never had to put more than a boating nickle into it ($1000), which is rare and sold it for more than he bought it. They traded up to a 30 footer and it has cost them 10 years of retirement but now they have 3 daughters so need the room. They boated 12 months a year with it in the gulf islands. Nice setup in my opinion. The 2 stroke engine will be a little loud and smelly but my dad has a 40hp merc of that era that I love. The condition and maintenance on the trailer, the condition of the canvas and seats, wiring all matter in my opinion. Anything that doesn't sell in a month in the summer is overpriced but I think it's worth well over 5k if the canvas is in good condition and is complete with drop curtains. Give him a call ask him where and when the engines and trailer were last serviced and if he is flexible on price. If he is firm on price, wait a month and call him back. Bring a boating buddy along as a second set of eyes is always good. Could be a great first boat if you get it for the right price, easy to spend 20-30k on small cuddy boat if you want newer power, but even that will be 10+ years old.

Last edited:
40L/h at cruise? Does that sound right? What would you guess speed is.
I know it's not entirely comparable, but my 21' Glasply 225hp v6 cruises at 24knts. She's heavier than this one, so my guess is 30 @3500-3750RPM?

Back