2019 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
At N Arm. Nothing yet. SE building a bit. Fishable. The north arm is full of wood. Be careful. I knocked off my transducer on a small piece of wood. A good argument for a new 1000kw in hull.

Man I'll take and smoke anyone's pinks they don't want. I'll trade you a finished and vac packed fillet for every two whole fish you give me :)
How bout 2 pinks for some Fried Chicken? I have no idea what this fried chicken is that you are associated with but lots of people seem to comment about it. I should have had lunch BEFORE I read the posts....

How bout 2 pinks for some Fried Chicken? I have no idea what this fried chicken is that you are associated with but lots of people seem to comment about it. I should have had lunch BEFORE I read the posts....
Oh that chicken is pretty exclusive. All these dummies missed out when I offered to have a free event before it got crazy. Now who knows if they'll ever see it again ;)

You don't need to sign up for Instagram to check it out. Look up @thechickenguyvancity

Fished SH Sunday with my daughter. Fished from about noon- 5. Seemed to be a bite around 12:30 and a good afternoon bite from 4-5. We were getting hits on anchovy and army truck hoochies. Most were 70- 90. We went 2 for 2 on a Daddy daughter double header! We released a beautiful wild coho, and a whole bunch of pinks also. Will try to add pics from my phone.

Fished SH towards T10 Sunday with my daughter. Fished from about noon- 5. Seemed to be a bite around 12:30 and a good afternoon bite from 4-5. We were getting hits on anchovy and army truck hoochies. Most were 70- 90 feet in 230- 350' of water. We went 2 for 2 on a Daddy daughter double header! We also released a beautiful wild coho, and a few pinks.

Attachments

• IMG-20190901-WA0006.jpg
    IMG-20190901-WA0006.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG-20190901-WA0014.jpg
    IMG-20190901-WA0014.jpg
    334.1 KB · Views: 163
Oh man if only the damn search function worked on this thing...
upload_2019-9-3_13-14-18.png
What were we doing in May instead of joining your chicken derby?? Fighting with “the Honourable” for 1-hatch/day opening!

Attachments

• upload_2019-9-3_13-14-18.jpeg
    upload_2019-9-3_13-14-18.jpeg
    152.4 KB · Views: 16
OFF TOPIC but for local area.

What if you could buy "marked" gas at, or close to the boat launch?
Would anyone be interested?
Probably for alot less per litre than at the pump.
Must go into boat.

Just trying to work something out right now. Tired of filling up in Aldergrove or being hijacked by marina's.

Fished from pt atkinson to pink apartments yesterday till the wind picked up from 7:30am to 11:30am...caught 3 pinks, 1 hatchery coho, and 1 undersize king

pinks were all on small pink hootchies paired with 8 inch flashers...90ft and 150 ft water depth is where the action seemed to be...pinks downrigger depth 30ft and 40 ft

coho was on kingfisher herring aid spoon paired with 11 inch gibbs guide series moonjelly black flasher...downrigger depth 55 ft

king was on luhr jensen Indian spoon paired with 11 inch gibbs green guide series flasher...downrigger depth 80 ft

all in all it was a fun day in my 12ft tinny...would love to get out to where all the action is but need a bigger boat...if anyone is looking for a fishing partner to help run gear and split fuel costs send me a private message

Caught 2 and lost 2 Springs on Anchovies yesterday . 47 and 57 on the rigger, 110 to 300 feet of water. As many Pinks as you wanted. This was at Sandheads.
Anyone else see that boat with 3 guys trolling with no weight or downriggers. Their flashers were dragging behind the boat on the surface . They would put the boat in neutral, let them sink then put it in gear till the flashers came to the surface .
Saw them get tangled with 2 different boats, not sure how many other times they tangled people . Was it anyone from here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back