2019 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope that site is more accurate, at least for tomorrow. Check out this site https://www.windy.com/?49.164,-123.489,10,m:e1dacJz
It's not looking as good but I may still head out. I found that this site has been more accurate for me for the past month. windfinder sometimes underestimates the wind speeds.
I find Weather Network marine pretty accurate.
https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca/marine/british-columbia/sand-heads-lighthouse
I’d head out today in my 19’ cuddy (if I could...) but this would be about my limit, morning ok but afternoon might get choppy. (NW is the worst I find) Scared myself a bit last year so like to play it safe ;)

Last edited:
Anyone out at T10 or Sandheads with a report on fishing and wind. Wind report says gusting over 20.

Ended up not going out, can anyone out there report on the wind? Getting choppy yet? I may try this evening if it seems fishable

The big ebb tide seemed to really shut things down yesterday. We boxed 4 at t10 in the morning but it died at 10am. Headed to SH around 2 and it was quiet until after the tide change. Bite really came on around 4. Finished the day with our limit of 6 between 12 and 20. Mix of red and whites. Lots of pinks. Bring lots of bait. The pinks seem to leave the large Herring alone.

Were is the tide at right now?, high or low?
In the nicest way possible if you don't know how/where to check the tides please don't leave the dock. Weather updates are one thing because the reports aren't always accurate but tides are tides.

Unless you're joking in which case you're hilarious and I like you.

In the nicest way possible if you don't know how/where to check the tides please don't leave the dock. Weather updates are one thing because the reports aren't always accurate but tides are tides.

Unless you're joking in which case you're hilarious and I like you.
They were just testing you RC? Obviously you didn't know!:cool:

Rain City no offence taken was just being lazy wondering what was up out there is all. I am capable of finding out the tides just on the forum so thought it was ok to ask

Made up my mind and headed out of Port Moody... was quite windy upto the second narrows bridge, saw whitecaps and turned back.. guess no salmon for me today. Any pinks headed up indian arm yet?

That was a long day. Gave it a quick shot at the NA and saw a few nets around 7 am Pulled up at 8 and went to the sand heads. Saw 2 undersize springs and about 10 pinks to our boat. Time was running short so we pulled up and gave it a shot at t10. Fairly quickly at 350' 110' on the rigger with bait just south of the marksr bam a nice spring. Buddy got it to the boat but wasn't meant to come home. Anyway tons and tons of bait around t10 I bet this evening is going to be epic...be aware the seas are building and it was a lumpy run back. I have my spare f5s on the boat instead of my f3s (didnt hit anything just other issue) and man the boat handles ****** with the f5s so it was a lumpy and wet ride home. I wouldn't want to be pushing into it across the north arm right now

Sept 10 is my next trip out locally then the fire fighters derby out of lgm. Heading to the bute inlet this weekend to see how it goes. Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back