2019 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a humorous note; I watched a seal surface beside me as another guy in a boat was yelling his head off and singing; the seal was curious and just tacked in on his boat and followed him away from me!. You could hear the Sea lions barking out there, too. Flat calm.
Could be a new line of work for seal huggers. :D

Sorry my last post was total for the day took home a 13lbs as well. Biggest was 37” 24” girth at about 23lbs. Turned out to be marbled. Seems the best depth is shallow from the post above 30-60. 71 got this one
1JiXHFj.jpg

gu5HOla.jpg

Last edited:
Two power hours today between 10 and 12. Fishing off T10 offshore of the pack in about 400’ riggers at 60 and 70. Three nice springs all on Chovy and blue and chrome teaser and too many Pinks now to count. After that it died off for springs for us.

Attachments

• 5694D952-8B85-47DD-9A0E-C139DC7E6416.jpeg
    5694D952-8B85-47DD-9A0E-C139DC7E6416.jpeg
    158.2 KB · Views: 93
Two power hours today between 10 and 12. Fishing off T10 offshore of the pack in about 400’ riggers at 60 and 70. Three nice springs all on Chovy and blue and chrome teaser and too many Pinks now to count. After that it died off for springs for us.
We got a late start and didn’t get to t10 until 1:00 or so. Agreed, It was pretty slow and didn’t see many nets out. We picked up a nice spring on the troll south. Lost a couple nice fish. A couple pinks. My wife had one that most likely sealed because of how fast the line was screaming off. I just lost one at the boat because it didn’t go to the side I wanted it too.....

Attachments

• D4D1C0D8-8536-4F62-BC45-BA09D2D5021F.jpeg
    D4D1C0D8-8536-4F62-BC45-BA09D2D5021F.jpeg
    791.9 KB · Views: 81
Ended up with two nice reds at north arm within and hour of the tide change this morning all on anchovies. Released several pinks and small springs. Around noon one hard hit and we could see the fish going from side to side, then we saw a seal get it. New to this scenario we weren't sure what to do. We chased the seal for 5 minutes as my wife tried to whack it on the head with the ore. At least we didn't loose the gear.

Attachments

• Does this count.JPG
    Does this count.JPG
    122.9 KB · Views: 145
Ended up with two nice reds at north arm within and hour of the tide change this morning all on anchovies. Released several pinks and small springs. Around noon one hard hit and we could see the fish going from side to side, then we saw a seal get it. New to this scenario we weren't sure what to do. We chased the seal for 5 minutes as my wife tried to whack it on the head with the ore. At least we didn't loose the gear.
My first time being sealed today too. I tried palming the reel, got my knuckles bruised and broke the leader. At least I got my flasher back

North Arm and T10 this afternoon between 4 and 7. Absolutely dead, no hits, no nets out, no porpoises, no seals, no birds. What the hell happened?

Out yesterday 7-11:30 NA to T10 4 spring ... 1 white ALL around 72ft Lost numerous inc lots of Pinks Spoons and Hoochies As for weather it was fairly calm simply Great Fishing and lots of fellow boaters enjoying the same .... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back