2019 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were alot of pinks out there today. What surprised me more was seeing how many I saw jumping on our way back to howe sound from north arm. All the way back I would spot them. Cant all be Frazer pinks? Especially in howe sound. Me thinks the run is late this season compared to other yrs?????

I must say though the 15-18 lb fish this year seem to be fighting a hell of a lot harder than I remember. Every one I brought aboard in the past few weeks have felt like mid 20s. I bought a scale to verify before posting lol.

At SH for night bite - Managed one spring landed tonight, lost on 14/15lb at the boat and another that opened up yet another Owner treble...

Also did anyone lose/break off a spring with a flasher and spoon? some guys at the dock chased down a flasher on the surface only to hand over hand in the spring!

Anyway, fished SH 1:30-5:30 by myself and got a 19lbs red hen before I could even get the other side down. 69ft in 400ft. Chovies in chrome teasers. Shook off a humpy. Broke the whole shebang off on a spring (I saw it porposing with my gear after it broke off). Broke a stinger hook in half and lost another spring. Got another 10lb white to finish.
On a humorous note; I watched a seal surface beside me as another guy in a boat was yelling his head off and singing; the seal was curious and just tacked in on his boat and followed him away from me!. You could hear the Sea lions barking out there, too. Flat calm.

Last edited:
At SH for night bite - Managed one spring landed tonight, lost on 14/15lb at the boat and another that opened up yet another Owner treble...

Also did anyone lose/break off a spring with a flasher and spoon? some guys at the dock chased down a flasher on the surface only to hand over hand in the spring!

Are you sure it was a spoon and not an anchovie teaser head? :D:D:D

Was it a party girl spoon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back