2019 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A fishing buddy who is fortunate enough to be out at SH right now, just text me that he has three in the box and that the bite is on!!! I'm stuck behind a desk until tomorrow:mad::D

Started at NA around noon, heading towards T10 in 250-300’. Nothing until we got near T10, then a 21# and 11# back to back. Right under the flight path still a good chunk north from the marker
Got a couple more right after, lost a small shaker and one of the kids played a nice low teens one right to the boat and just about a foot from the net before she shook off. Kid did a good job though. 2 on spoons 2 on chovy, 70-100 on the rigger.

Started just northwest of t10 10 :30 got a small pink at 40’ another at 55 20 minutes later, then nothing until 1 pm when I went down to 75’ close to the t10 marker. Non stop! Lost 8 fish in a row, most likely pinks. Then double of springs, got one. Double again with the same results. That was fine as I was solo and limited. All on anchovy’s. Stellar action!

Fished 11 till 4 , crazy Pink action , and 3 nice Springs 15 to 20 pounds , one double header on Springs . This was at Sandheads, fished 100 to 500 feet of water . 37 down to 80 on the riggers . Anchovie's, and Pink Squirts, white hoochie didn't get a bite today .

We've had to work for them a bit by moving around a fair amount, fishing lots of different depths and running lot's of different gear but have been managing to get into some nice fish over the last few days. My cured up strips fished shallow with an 8 ounce weight have been working very well as well as glow hootchies have picked up a couple. Pretty much 50/50 with reds and whites with these last few days of fish but a couple marbles in there too. Lot's of Pinks as well and one wild Coho about 7 lbs. Seals and Sea Lions have been working the area heavy too. The bear banger's seem to be keeping them out of range pretty well though. :D

20190830_121246.jpg

Fished 6:30-9 am. 5 hits, two stuck. soft biters this morning. moved around and found some between T10-north arm.
maybe 180 feet of water 40' down, anchovies w/ dummy flashers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back