2019 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well we just got home from the nook. Weather wasn’t the best, but still got out and gave it a go. Fishing was slow on the weekend. We managed to pick up 3 coho and 3 springs (10 to 18 pounds) We picked up our fish at Danvers, swale and the meat hole. Anchovies seem to do the best for us. Depths where 44ft to 80ft The sea lions are all over the place. They follow ya around like a lost dog. We got lucky and didn’t loose any fish to them. The road in was a bit beat up. J.S .

slowing down but still fish around, hit the non googan areas (outer edges with swell attached) and scratched up a 25, 15, and 10 lb coho on a 3 hour tour. . trying different tactics pays off when 1000 boats are fishing at 30-40'..
ran hootchie and bait at 60 and 90' with repeated success.

just spent 4 days fishing around the sound, fished Pill, Swale nothing moved down to Effingham picked up a 12 lb Spring and then a Coho followed by a nice Ling,that was day 1, days 2 an3 we fished from Amphritite to Wya Point Springs both days on Anchovies and white hootchies also 3 Lings between us and couple of wild Coho which we had to release, then moved over to Bamfield for the last night slow for us but did hear of some fish being caught. So not fast and furious but we did come home with with enough fish to keep us happy. Anchovies and white hootchies were the most productive.

slowing down but still fish around, hit the non googan areas (outer edges with swell attached) and scratched up a 25, 15, and 10 lb coho on a 3 hour tour. . trying different tactics pays off when 1000 boats are fishing at 30-40'..
ran hootchie and bait at 60 and 90' with repeated success.
Yeah the flipping googans! Lol!!

just spent 4 days fishing around the sound, fished Pill, Swale nothing moved down to Effingham picked up a 12 lb Spring and then a Coho followed by a nice Ling,that was day 1, days 2 an3 we fished from Amphritite to Wya Point Springs both days on Anchovies and white hootchies also 3 Lings between us and couple of wild Coho which we had to release, then moved over to Bamfield for the last night slow for us but did hear of some fish being caught. So not fast and furious but we did come home with with enough fish to keep us happy. Anchovies and white hootchies were the most productive.
Aren’t you aloud to keep wild coho on the inside?

Was out for 3ish days Thursday afternoon till Sunday at 11. Harbour Entrance was good the first afternoon 4 springs and 3 coho all in green/white spoon and anchovies
Next morning went 0-4 so sucked and moved to Edward King nothing there.
Went to Beale for afternoon and nailed nice springs ****** catch ratio went 5-17 for the afternoon, it was unreal 4 double headers and landed one., there was one other guy there for awhile who said they had 5 other than that we were by ourselves. Did everything wrong or one of those days I guess.
Next morning 1 coho and 1 spring till 11.
Most fish on anchovies. So it seems if you looked around you could find them and there is fresh fish coming in still.

My son and I are heading over next Thursday afternoon to the nook. Getting ready to shut everything down for the season and bring the boat home. Hoping to get a couple of days in fishing, so I’ll report back :) JS
Boating out or driving out

We’re driving in. Brads going to run the boat back up the inlet. I’ll pull the boat trailer out on Sunday am

Just on the way back from the Poett nook. Fishing is pretty slow , there’s a algae bloom happening in the sound, got into some coho up by Brady beach. 44ft to 65 ft. Anchovy’s and white glow hootchies. Tried jigging up some lings out front of Beale. Just a under size Ling. The road in really sucks,:confused: broke the boat trailer coming out empty. Well that’s it till next spring. JS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back