2019 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fished north arm last night. One small chinook for all the effort, although I did find the sister ship to my boat. A v-20 wellcraft with a 150 merc and a red top. Hey if your on here

Fished SH from 11-1. Another on fire day with two springs to the boat in the first 5 min. Could barely keep gear down and managed four doubleheaders with my partner. About 15 springs total until we got a couple nice 15lbs. The key was get out into 400+ ft of water once again. Didn’t see much action in the ‘pack’ on my motor back through to the south arm.

Bait, 47/62 on riggers.

Last edited:
On the water today. T10. One sockeye and one under size. Why do people need to speed up to pass you when they want to 90 degree turn?

Last edited:
Went out from Steveston to Sandheads and was fishing by 11am with my son and his buddy (12yr olds). Nothing in the first 40 minutes, and then got one 16lb red female, followed by losing a nice one to the prop (poor kid; felt bad for him), then with a double header to end the day. 15lb male red and 10lb white male. Finished at noon. Only fished for about an hour out in 400+ feet away from everyone. Chovies, 33 and 64ft. on the rigger, both depths worked.

Did well off south arm. Out in 400 to 500 feet of water. 5 pinks and 3 springs. Released a wild coho and lost a few more pinks. Hoochie for the spring's around 70 feet on riggers.

Are you using a commercial vacuum sealer or one of the Foodsaver ones?
No just a foodsaver unfortunately. It sucks. I seem to have to buy a new one every couple seasons too. Maybe I should trade someone smoker time for chamber time :).

And **** sorry I did it again. Back to reports.

Good couple bite periods this am at sandheads. Spent a good chunk of time battling a seal and lost another one because of a gaff mistake (forgot net). Ended up with only one but was back at dock early with a family happy. In tight to the can

Good day at Sandheads. Got there by 10. Slow for the first hour or so. Then found them straight out from the light house in the deeper water. Kept our 3 chinook, rookie broke one off and released one as we had a double header to finish. Tried for some pinks and managed a couple for my buddies. Bite seemed to come on. At one point the 5 boats around us were all hooked up.

Man long epic day without anything to bring home. I worked t10 deep lines wet by 730 nothing for 2 plus hours in my usual spots around 350' deep All depths covered. Picked up and ran to sand heads with the same program white hoochie one side and bait on the other. All depths then finally a hit while dropping the bait. Humped up pink and that's pretty much all she wrote for us. Headed back to t10 around 130 for 2 more hours and then ran back to get the girls and headed up the arm to float around.

Terrific day and we will see how this building high pressure works to scratch up another wave of springs. See ya out there Monday.

No nooky love for us today. Lots of pinks and a wild coho. Sandheads to T10 like everyone else. Same depths and baits and lures. just not in the cards today. Guest on board had a great day however. Me thinks Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back