Ucluelet Trip Video.

walleyes

Crew Member
Little motivation for those heading out today, hope you enjoy.

The boy and I from our trip a couple weeks back, can’t wait for next year.

(Little shaky on some of the drone footage still getting used to it)

Very Well Done!!
Pozitive.gif

Made me wish I was right there with you!!

Cheers,
Nog

Thanks everyone, yes I love it in Ucluelet it’s an awesome place, my new west coast fishing home for a few years I think.

It was a little nerve wracking flying the $1400 drone around open water and landing it on a moving boat lol. I would bring it in on the back and the boy would grab it out of the air that is how we landed it.

And yes Nog you should have and as you know could have joined us out there I would have loved to have you on board. A person could learn so much spending a day or two with the knowledge you have out there I would really enjoy it and suck up that knowledge. I will always leave it as an open invitation to you and if you find I am coming out and you can make it there will always be room for you on my vessel. In the closing clip of the boat as I’m pulling the drone away if you look in the top left side of the video there is a boat on the horizon that was a commercial boat working the area beside us. I thought of you when they were there wondering maybe you were on board.

Again thanks all glad you enjoyed.

Speachless.The way the two of you braught to life the journy made is remarkable .I will dream of your endevour for many weeks to come.

Awesome video!!! I was having as much fun watching your fishing as I do my fishing in real life! Your video reminds me of how I will look back on my fishing career when I am physically unable to fish anymore. Thanks for sharing.

great vid guys. Had some good times out there and was great to meet you both in person.

Yes it was nice to meet you Kevin to bad we never had more time to visit but the boy and I went pretty hard, we fished until 5 or 6 every evening and you know what it’s like by the time fish are cleaned and boat put away and fish packed and put away and you are cleaned and fed it’s late as we all know 4:30 comes early lol. Maybe next year Kevin and we can share info once more.
Appreciate the dialogue we did have though it’s always good to have a couple options and info on the bite in different places.

Not sure what kind of drone you have or if you have floats for it but if you don't you might wanna check in to it. I have a Mavic Pro and I use these floats for it when over water: https://www.amazon.ca/Mavic-WATER-p...ic+pro+floats&qid=1566926559&s=gateway&sr=8-1

They do slow down flight and do put quite a bit more energy draw down on the batteries due to the non aerodynamic design of them in flight but I love the peace of mind they give me when flying over water. I've landed mine on lakes several times and on the ocean a few times as well as long as the waves aren't too big or close together.

Those look sweet, I’m sure a guy could make it work with a little bit of adapting. I’m running the new Mavic Air I’ll have to do some research and see if anyone makes them for the Air.

Thanks for the heads up CD

Just looked and yes a few out there for the Air as well, and cheap well worth the price.

Thx again man.

Lol it was pretty funny earlier in the summer on my home lake I had it out in the boat playing around with it and I wasn’t thinking (as usual) but I put it down on the dance floor of the boat to take off. Not thinking as I was trolling the boat is moving anyways I go to take off and as you know when you first pop them up they hover for a bit before they take off. Well I drove into it with the back of the boat. Once wasn’t enough as I thought I’ll just put it in sport mode and take right off. Nope second time drove the boat into it lol. Got away lucky and just chipped one blade tip but it bounced around then boat pretty good.

Back