2019 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arrived 830am and before we could get the second rod in the water we had a nice spring on. Unfortunately got caught in kicker and lost it but not to worry proceeded to get our two within an hour.
Switched over to pink gear and had steady action to get our limit including releasing couple more springs.
Think there's plenty of springs still around. Huge bait balls straight out from green can and you can just follow the commies they know where they are. White hootchies and chovy for springs and whitehead squirts were best for pinks. Always use green flashers.
Anywhere between 45 and 75 feet you'll hit them.
That could be schools of pinks or even maybe sockeye on your sounder

I think we have been spoiled by this great run of Chinooks in early-August. We had to work really hard to find them yesterday but still managed to hook 4 fish. This week’s big tides are going to bring more fresh fish but they’ll likely be the early fall white Harrison fish. Still plenty to enjoy on our local waters so get out and enjoy while they’re open to us.

Does anyone have the accurate details on the distance from shore where 29-10, 29-9, and 29-7 end and where 29-3,4,6 begin?
Looks like those areas will remain closed beyond August 23rd.
Thanks!

Does anyone have the accurate details on the distance from shore where 29-10, 29-9, and 29-7 end and where 29-3,4,6 begin?
Looks like those areas will remain closed beyond August 23rd.
Thanks!
Banana is almost always closed when the salmon are migrating through. It is very shallow water anyways. Don't need to fish in there to get fish at all...

If you plot these Coordinates for 29-3 and 29-4 on your chart/gps etc you will have your boundaries and the eastern line which is the boundary between the open and the closed areas.

Subarea 29-3
Those waters of the Strait of Georgia inside a line that
begins at
ii_spacer.gif
49°23.021′N 123°32.166′W Gower Point
then to
ii_spacer.gif
49°21.500′N 123°29.157′W Popham Island
then to
ii_spacer.gif
49°20.907′N 123°27.903′W Worlcombe Island
then to
ii_spacer.gif
49°20.397′N 123°25.979′W Cape Roger Curtis
then following the southerly shoreline of Bowen Island to
ii_spacer.gif
49°20.135′N 123°21.643′W [Point Cowan]
then to
ii_spacer.gif
49°19.823′N 123°15.880′W [Point Atkinson Light]
then to
ii_spacer.gif
49°15.936′N 123°15.860′W Point Grey]
then to
ii_spacer.gif
49°15.440′N 123°16.778′W North Arm Jetty Light
then to
ii_spacer.gif
49°06.358′N 123°18.188′W Sand Heads Light

then to
ii_spacer.gif
49°08.997′N 123°38.497′W Thrasher Rock Light

Area 29-4:
Those waters of the Strait of Georgia inside a line that
begins at
ii_spacer.gif
49°08.997′N 123°38.497′W [Thrasher Rock Light]
then to
ii_spacer.gif
49°06.358′N 123°18.188′W [Sand Heads Light]
then to
ii_spacer.gif
49°05.262′N 123°18.615′W [Roberts Bank radar beacon]
then 176° true from Roberts Bank radar beacon to the intersection with the international boundary between Canada and the United States then following the international boundary until the intersection with a line drawn 356° true from Georgina Point
then to
ii_spacer.gif
48°52.430′N 123°17.483′W [Georgina Point]
then to
ii_spacer.gif
48°52.787′N 123°18.725′W [Rip Point]
then northerly following the shoreline to
ii_spacer.gif
48°54.251′N 123°20.618′W [Salamanca Point]

Direct link to all the areas boundaries/coordinates:
https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng...ion-sched741607.html?txthl=2-94+29-4+2-9+29+4

Last edited:
Hi everyone just curious if id be able to launch my 25 footer at steveston or if id be better off at csptains cove or mcdonald beach. Finally got my tow vehicle back and after reading the threads for the last few weeks im.almost ready to throw a hook in my own lip!!! Lol

They didn't close it today. It's been closed. They just extended it..
It is the very shallow banana area... See posts above. This is the normal situation there. Areas open bordering the mouths are 29-3/29-4...

Forget the fact it’s too shallow... or that it’s closed... it’s called “banana” area. Who the hell would wanna fish there anyways. NO BANANAS!!!!!

Forget the fact it’s too shallow... it’s called “banana” area. Who the hell would wanna fish there anyways. NO BANANAS!!!!!
bananas-are-bad-luck-on-a-fishing-boat-please-leave-21192859.png

Lol I have a banana story;

I never used to pay too much attention to it but recently I had a situation on board where I became a believer lol... We were hooking a **** load of fish, and losing almost every one, (not doing anything different then usual), and having all kinds of weird things happen on board, things going wrong with all kinds of things. Not a normal day fishing on my boat lol. I'm very OCD about how I set things up, fight fish, net fish, etc etc.. I say to my guest "something is F'd here, something is very odd, I feel an odd negative energy that is F'ing **** up...I've never seen so many fish come unbuttoned right at the side of the boat before in my life." He says ya man something is very weird. So my guest sits down on his seat at the back of the boat and unzips his day bag, has a drink, then YUP YOU GOT IT, pulls out a banana and starts to eat it!! I was like WHAT THE F MAN!!!!!!! Immediately he knew what I was talking about and said OH **** and threw it into the water lol Wouldn't you know it the next fish we hooked got landed, all the weird **** stopped, the energy became calm and positive, and all things went back to normal. Coincidence? I dunno but I'm erring on the side of caution so NO F'ING BANANAS ever on board EVER! LOL

And why did this superstition come to be? Here's why:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back