Mercury Dealer on Dallas Road

B

bhemi

Has anyone here used the Mecury dealer out on Ogden Point by the Coast Guard?

The street address would be Dallas Road. I'm going to be replacing the lower leg and prop on my port engine due to a losing battle with a chunk of log.

They have been very helpful so far. Still waiting for parts.

You must be talking about Merc Marine. I've used them for a pre-purchase inspection and for annual service. Many of the whale watchers (with Merc's) seem to use them too. I also bought a new 9.9 kicker off of them too. I've been happy with their work and my new kicker but their prices seem a bit high. I hear that Morrison's on Keating X Road is also a Merc Dealer so you may want to get a quote from them too.

quote:Originally posted by bhemi

Has anyone here used the Mecury dealer out on Ogden Point by the Coast Guard?

The street address would be Dallas Road. I'm going to be replacing the lower leg and prop on my port engine due to a losing battle with a chunk of log.

They have been very helpful so far. Still waiting for parts.

Aye Carumba Bhemi...did you move your boat over there for the summer? How much did that cost in the fuel bill...unless you trailered????

I have experience with both Milt and Frank. Morrisons would be my first choice.

I took my boat to Tofino for the July long weekend. We went all the way up the outside. Trip was fabulous. I left the boat in Tofino with a buddy who chartered it. Went up and brought it back last week and hit the log off of Esquimalt.

As far as fuel goes 20 gallons (US gallon/3.7ltr) per engine/hr and its about 8hrs to Tofino at 24kts/hr. about 1200 litres each way plus gas for fishing up there. We fished 4 guys in great comfort and they had up to six on the charters.

I took my kicker to the Dallas Raod operation for service and 3 weeks later took it back because they had done nothing with it. They said they were too busy. They were not up front with me so I will not go there again.

Reactions: abl
I'm suffering from waiting for parts. A gear case for a Merc is not that rare. Unfortunately, I had to wreck the counter rotating one.

a buddy of mine had some engines put in his boat...2 new 4.3's complete with legs, they told him it would take 2 weeks to do, that was with his old engines out, the boat was there for 2 months and they wanted an extra $8000 over quote..... I would definately not recommend them

Sorry to say but I got some issues with them too. Milton seems to be knowledgeable and smooth talking. Seems to have a bunch of kids working in the back though. Like jimbob said not very upfront with me either. Rather have the straight up goods than beeing jerked around.
I'll be trying this Morrison in X-Keating or become a outboard mech myself:D

quote:They were not up front with me so I will not go there again.

I've had the same problem, I bought a kicker from the dallas road merc shop, came back in the afternoon to pick it up and they said it wasn't ready, they had to fix something first. So while there was a crack a metal bracket they knew about they did not tell me before I purchased.

Morrisons is a joke also, you'll take your boat in and you won't get it back from 6 weeks.

Wow, I thought I was the only one with issues w/ Milt and Mercury Marine.
When I bought my previous boat, it needed a new carb and I wanted electronics installed. The boat was there already, (I was in Van.) and so I got him to do the work. Two months later and four trips to Victoria (each time I was promised that the boat was almost ready) I finally took it away, paying almost $2000 more than he estimated. It never did run up to its potential...
I think he's probably a pretty good mechanic, but the kids he has in the back seemed pretty green and without direction. I would stay away.

Wow, I thought I was the only one with issues w/ Milt and Mercury Marine.
When I bought my previous boat, it needed a new carb and I wanted electronics installed. The boat was there already, (I was in Van.) and so I got him to do the work. Two months later and four trips to Victoria (each time I was promised that the boat was almost ready) I finally took it away, paying almost $2000 more than he estimated. It never did run up to its potential...
I think he's probably a pretty good mechanic, but the kids he has in the back seemed pretty green and without direction. I would stay away.

Unless you have something new and expensive, like Pangaea said, you will get some hack working on it at Merc Marine. Picked up my older 50 hp last year after a routine tune-up, drove next day to Renny, launched the boat and it wouldn't start. Took the top off the engine and when turning over, gas was pissing 4 feet out the back into the chuck.

I think the guy "fine" tuning the carb must have been using a hammer and chisel!

Loaded the boat and drove straight to Ogden Point, was not impressed.

i only let my buddys dad work on my O/B, harry of TK marine

I recommend Mike at Westshore Marine in Metchosin. Josh from Mercury Marine is there now and he was Milts best mechanic. 2503916103

Back