2019 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was out last Friday, caught the very hot bit at north arm, then Monday some undersized and one keeper hatch coho :) beauty meal.

Just to note, had a sailboat swim right through the pack Monday with sails down thinking all the boats should clear his way, yelling to stay clear after travelling from miles away in his motor... boat name “chorus”

Anyway, never seen a sailboat do what he did and then proceed into the middle of the strait and got 4 blasts from incoming freighter. Oh lord, keep an eye on chorus for us.

Was out last Friday, caught the very hot bit at north arm, then Monday some undersized and one keeper hatch coho :) beauty meal.

Just to note, had a sailboat swim right through the pack Monday with sails down thinking all the boats should clear his way, yelling to stay clear after travelling from miles away in his motor... boat name “chorus”

Anyway, never seen a sailboat do what he did and then proceed into the middle of the strait and got 4 blasts from incoming freighter. Oh lord, keep an eye on chorus for us.

That guy needs to keep his boat “on chorus”. (Is this thing on? Tap tap...)

Anyways, looking forward to getting out tomorrow once the morning wind dies down... will post report.

The exact same thing happened to me twice off Sarah point with sail boats (2) draining out of desolation. Dude came within 15' of me when I'm setting gear and gets all uppity about it he saved what 2 oz of diesel? Fookin yachties are the worst.

See ya out there tomorrow, I'm going come hell or highwater.

Last edited:
Fished from 11am till 2:30 pm , limited out on Springs and Pinks between 2 of us . Only had 2 anchovie left , used on and caught a nice 14 pound red, and white hoochie caught a 20 pound red , 40 to 60 on the riggers.
Beautiful day out there

Fished T10 from 1030 to 2. 14# on herring, 14# on anchovie and 18# on hoochie. All at 65' on the downriggers. Caught 4 fish in total, 2 double headers! My wife's first fish ever on salt water was a nice 14#. It was a bit chaotic trying to get it in the boat but we got it. She was excited!! Very memorable day on the water!

A63F6157-882C-48C2-8860-718631AD0433.jpeg Went out with an old friend today and had probably my best day ever. Fished the north arm to T-10 out in 3-400 feet of water from 10 till 2. Began using anchovies and got a few pinks to start then it was spring after spring after spring. Kept our two and lost count of how many we either lost or released. We probably hooked into at least 25 fish. Unbelievable. Depths were between 50-70 feet. After going through a pack of anchovies we used white hootchies and pink hootchies with equal success as the bait. Beautiful day to boot.

Newbie question but when you talk about sandheads are you referring to the waters around sandhead lighthouse? Just getting into the sport and slowly but surely trying to learn the spots and lingo. On a side note, if there is any boatless members here looking to get out, I'd be more than happy to get you out on the water if you're willing to meet in Blaine. I fish solo 99.9% of the time and would love to find some folks to fish with

I made the trip to the fraser and i was not dissapointed. The QA and hooked two in the first 10 minutes lost the first one for no reason it was holding under the boat and the hook slipped. We boxed a 20 lbs on anchovy and 13 lb herring at 70’. Caught 6 fish in total that was some really nice fishing when you can get to there in 40 mins from the coast

Newbie question but when you talk about sandheads are you referring to the waters around sandhead lighthouse? Just getting into the sport and slowly but surely trying to learn the spots and lingo. On a side note, if there is any boatless members here looking to get out, I'd be more than happy to get you out on the water if you're willing to meet in Blaine. I fish solo 99.9% of the time and would love to find some folks to fish with

T10 and light house are pretty close that you could use either point to get to

This map is handy for newbies. Note that Q62 on the map is known as The Bellboy

Attachments

• vancouver fishing map.png
    vancouver fishing map.png
    370.3 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:
Also are those considered 29-3 and 29-4 or 29-9 29-10? Map on the DFO site isn't very clear as to where the boundaries are. Thanks again
Fishable area is 29-3 & 29-4 Inside that is 29-9 & 29-10. The line is pretty much sand heads lighthouse-T10-straight up to QA I believe.

On another note... anyone out this am with a wind report? Lumpy?

Quick question - what is the weight of cannon ball you guys all use. My uncle uses 15lb, but when I go to Alaska and go with friends they usually use 10lbers. Just curious, and am jealous of all the updates and me being here in Yukon, but alas heading to Valdez, AK next weekend for silvers......6 per day is allowed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back