Five Nations Injunction

IronNoggin

Demanding that all Recreational & Commercial (Area G) Chinook Fishing be IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED on the West Coast of Vancouver Island:

"The recreational sector on the WCVI has had the greatest opportunity on the entire south coast to harvest chinook this year. In other areas of the south coast, non-retention has been imposed for most of the season. If the recreational sector on the WCVI not must have a lower bag limit or non-retention for the remainder of the 2019 summer fishing season, they will not suffer harm"

https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:f49fdefe-192f-4ea8-a895-0fe6b7311b85

DFO's Initial Response:

https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:b99a3cc7-3b21-45d8-bfc7-d9657f4ea66f

Getting it yet??

Nog

I have now had a chance to read it, It basically says we want it all and we need it all so our 5000 members can fish and have an income.

Thats great, what a road to go down.

what a mess

If I am reading this correctly the reason why area G was issues 5k more is because they harvest fish out side of the FN CDA and harvest fish that are destined elsewhere.

If the five nations are going after fish outside the CDA well that's gonna cause some major issues, Will be interesting to see what happens.

Last edited:
upload_2019-8-11_15-27-10.png
upload_2019-8-11_15-29-51.png

So they don't want to harvest with small boats they want to harvest with big boats and be commercial fishermen except they also want wide scale participation? yeah i sure dont see the fish winning in the FN view of how the fishery should go.

upload_2019-8-11_15-33-46.png

so let me guess they chose to fish it commercially and a few fishermen got all the money but the rest got left out and now they all want to be commercial fishermen and not rights based fishermen lol

upload_2019-8-11_15-50-57.png
upload_2019-8-11_15-51-55.png

lol yep they did

Last edited:
ohh to top it off looks like they said naaaaa will do what ever we want anyways.....

upload_2019-8-11_15-55-34.png

The it looks like DFO said well if your gonna do whatever you want and since you are suing us in multiple courts again well we just won't respond to your letters.
upload_2019-8-11_15-57-48.png

HAHHAHAHA yeah i was right their commercial boats caught the fish so fast that all the small boats in the CDA had no tac left AHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

upload_2019-8-11_16-7-40.png
upload_2019-8-11_16-9-14.png

In summery from the sounds of it the five nation fishery managers are **** poor at running a fishery. They let are their commercial vessels go out and catch all their tac inside and out of the CDA. They the small boats fishing in the CDA had no tac left and we’re pissed off.

So instead of managing their own members, they have decided to sue DFO for more fish.

Last edited:
The sad part is that it is actually not that funny at all. The worst part is that it could potentially end up effecting all sectors in the future. Nothing is funny, nothing. It's all just sad.

How could it end up screwing up all sectors in the future?

I get how it could screw over recreational fishermen or how it could screw over normal area g licence holders.

But I do not get how it could screw over FN CDA fishermen

Stormtrooper is right, it will negatively affect all users, Rec and Commercial first, then the resource, then FN when Canadians stand up and say enough is enough or when there are no dam fish for anyone. What a **** storm the UN and Trudeau have started. Not going to end well for anyone.

HM

Like I have said before the high courts in Canada have ruled that natives in Canada have the right to fish and hunt anywhere anyplace anytime WITHOUT A QUOTA. At least in the US they ruled on a quota of half the run which is still insane. The only way we can change this is for Parliament have a vote to change the ruling. Our salmon are doomed if this continues IMO.

Getting it yet??

No. Other than that you are an area G commercial troller who is being shut-down over the last 20 or more years.
For better or worse there was no internet when many of my relative down here in WA were slowly shut-down a long time ago.

The 5 FN's want more, DFO says BS to that. Been going on for year & if it's like the 1974 decision down here in WA will be going on for generations to come. A lot of people down here probably never got over it but they were w/o internet & mostly dead & gone.

My point? Get over it, do something constructive, but PLEASE knock-off the cry-baby whining.

No. Other than that you are an area G commercial troller who is being shut-down over the last 20 or more years.
For better or worse there was no internet when many of my relative down here in WA were slowly shut-down a long time ago.

The 5 FN's want more, DFO says BS to that. Been going on for year & if it's like the 1974 decision down here in WA will be going on for generations to come. A lot of people down here probably never got over it but they were w/o internet & mostly dead & gone.

My point? Get over it, do something constructive, but PLEASE knock-off the cry-baby whining.

Get over it when someone is trying to steal your livelihood? Riiiight. What a stupid response.

I have no love lost for commercial fisheries, but I can completely understand why they are fighting for their rights and are apoplectic about what has gone on here, as I would if put in their shoes.

The Five Nations want to have their cake and eat it too, and I sure hope the Courts see that.

I think it might be time for dfo to stop offering a non -resident alien tidal sports fishing licence first before taking the rights and freedoms away from resident canadians .just like tennis canadians appologize for winning.lets make canada great again.

... My point? Get over it, do something constructive, but PLEASE knock-off the cry-baby whining.

I am not saying that you need to be outwardly respectful of the opinions of others, but many on this forum are outwardly disrespectful of the opinions of others.

Uh-Huh.
watching.gif

I am a Member of Area G's Association.
And of course we have filed for Intervener status.
Bit surprising to me (us) actually is the lack of representation by the Recreational Sector (who will be directly affected as we are).

Cry-baby whining?? I guess you are entitled to your own opinion.
Main reason of posting was and is to get the message out regarding just what is happening, and just who is driving these antics.
Fine for you to wish to remain blissful with your head firmly planted in the ground.
Methinks there are others who prefer to know...

Have a grand day...

Nog

I think it might be time for dfo to stop offering a non -resident alien tidal sports fishing licence first before taking the rights and freedoms away from resident Canadians .just like tennis canadians appologize for winning.lets make canada great again.
So, the 9000 jobs in the recreational sector at risk from the Chinook closure, a lot of them generated by non-resident anglers coming to B.C., You're just ready to Kiss-off all those jobs? The prime Minister just got his pee-pee whacked for interfering in a court case, believing there were, what 9000 jobs at stake in Quebec?

Back