Landing Net

CIVANO

For Springs what is a favorite. Mine is 15 years old and I can't find a good replacement net bag. I need to replace the entire thing.

go to Ladner traps , they can re bag them , fairly inexpensive

http://www.ladnertraps.com/

FD..

thefogducker@hotmail.com

IMG_3509.jpg

I used the foam peanuts , just used a round rod to push them down inside the pole. Works for me and the price is right:D....BB

ha ha, good idea on the foam nuts, I've lost more than one net off the canvas top ... see it out of the corner of my eye for the onosecond it takes to fly off and into the drink as we accelerate home.

[onosecond: from email use, the time between pressing send and realizing its too late to take it back]

You can get a variety of replacement bags made by scotty or gibbs....I'd think they'd fit any net frame with some modifying.

Well, mine sure didn't. Blub, blub. Did a great imitation of a periscope and down she went. Maybe it had been 'improved' with foam? Good tip, bye the way!

Personal I think Scotty nets are the bests with a Gibbs Net bag.
You can custom order a Gibbs GNP-50 with a foam filled handle -I believe it floats:)

quote:Originally posted by Clipper

Well, mine sure didn't. Blub, blub. Did a great imitation of a periscope and down she went. Maybe it had been 'improved' with foam? Good tip, bye the way!

lmao clipper:D

untitled.jpg

Fill the dam tub!

I just buy the cheap ones from crappy tire or wherever. When the net bag gets too many zip ties in it, I get a new one. Ive never lost one off the boat, im pretty anal about putting it away properly.

untitled.jpg

Fill the dam tub!

Agree -Never lost a net off the boat-But I have had 46lber in Rivers inlet blow thur the scotty[:p] net-but my good friend 30in weskin gaff was at my feet and helped me out[:p]

9 year bump.
What landing net model are you liking today? Mine will be used for killing only.

New gibbs catch and release net. Red Handle, large net bag. These are very nice nets and easy on the fish you want to release.

I like the Scotty the best.... have had them all but it stands up the best..... ask @Derby about the ones they sell at pnt with an upgraded bag on them....

Back