2019 Nanaimo Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went out tonight 5-8 with my brother in-law and son. Nice evening out there. Didn’t rain on us so very happy, my wife said it poured in the north end.
Fished off the fingers with 20+ other boats. Slow go for us. Just 2 undersized springs on no-bananas spoon. Didn’t see much activity on other boats.

Was out at the same time. 2 coho released to see another day. Was pretty slow fishing this evening, but was still highly enjoyable.

I read the current regs as 1 Chinook per day for each area in straigh of Georgia. So am I allowed 1 per day in area 17 then another in area 29 in the same day?

So I got out tonight from a couple hours. Very slow for us. Must have been doing something wrong. Only managed one small spring that when released promptly swam into the prop of my kicker . Poor guy.
Tried spoons tonight but nope.
But what an amazing evening on the water. Water was like glass.
Hopefully others have had better luck.

Went out yesterday afternoon, worked our way from fingers north. One undersize returned. About 430, off Neck Point, rigger at 160 in 210 feet of water, green and yellow spoon finally got results:

542CE1CE-71B7-4C10-BA64-5ACCF3663614.jpeg

Threw one more undersize back, that was it, only 3 bites. Nice to finally get a keeper though.....

One hour before tide change this am 2 chinooks and done. 12 and 10 lbs both clipped.

One on a blue/green/white glow hoochie, other on a lighthouse big eye green spoon.

157-165 in 200 ft.

Headed north to CR!

There is still some good fish out there, but it is pretty hit or miss, typical late season in nanaimo. Fish are moving on the daily and not holding so you really have to find them and the bait. Been down deep over 200 most of the time. Caught and released a 23 lber in the trough at 185 before going to watch the snow birds on wednesday. Was a good performance and always cool to watch.
B29D16F5-EC3D-4253-8AF2-052A07A5A11A.jpeg B99CC1B2-FC9A-47D9-A431-E62C8F194932.jpeg

At Entrance Tuesday morning and got a 15 lbs spring and a 7 lbs hatch coho before 7am.
150 and 130 respectively on the cables.
Both on rubber anchovies. Not much more action after that. Came back home at 10am.
Rubber anchovies? You find success with them? I have seen them but never used them.

Got out first thing this morning around the fingers. Dead slow for us. Must be doing something wrong. Lots of action around us and saw quite a bit of bait. We tried spoons and hoochies. Haven’t learned to fish with bait. Family getting annoyed with the lack of fish.☹️
Very rough out there. Got pounded in my little Malibu. But she held it together and we didn’t get too wet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back