2019 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dean-last I was there gate wasn't locked just pushed closed I was the first one through (on a bicycle in the dark) and just pushed it open.

Good Luck!

Home a bit early. I'll be out tomorrow. Let's just say with the lack of fishing on our trip and the reports I was getting I wasn't too upset to come home.

I’ve never seen the gate locked. At mc beach they close the gate to keep the the unwanted out after hours. I think if ya showed up in the early am (2 or so ) the caretakers in the house may have some thing to say.

Crazy fishing continues. Everything we used caught fish . Anchovies, white hoochie, pink hoochie. Caught fish from 40 to 80 feet . Water depth did not matter either

I have spent the week sitting in a very well conditioned office and occasionally checking this thread, only to be completely f’ed up by the reports, and then to struggle back to re-focus on what I really needed to focus on but didn’t want to focus on. Now, having been out for dinner on the waterfront overlooking the boat, I have just walked in the door and salted the anchovies (apparently, unnecessarily) and read Chasin’ Dreams report and the first thing going thru my mind at 9:30pm at night is whether it is too early to head out, right now ... I am a mess, I need to fish.

I have spent the week sitting in a very well conditioned office and occasionally checking this thread, only to be completely f’ed up by the reports, and then to struggle back to re-focus on what I really needed to focus on but didn’t want to focus on. Now, having been out for dinner on the waterfront overlooking the boat, I have just walked in the door and salted the anchovies (apparently, unnecessarily) and read Chasin’ Dreams report and the first thing going thru my mind at 9:30pm at night is whether it is too early to head out, right now ... I am a mess, I need to fish.
Lol I hear ya. I have driven to boat launches before late at night and crashed in my boat with my boat still on my trailer lol, set my phone alarm to be awake just before dawn to launch my boat. For some reason sometimes I can sleep better being close to the water but when at home and restless the night before a fishing trip I often don't get much sleep. You'd think that would go away over time but nope been like that forever lol.

I remember 2015 being very good and the Red springs just kept coming, even into September.

So the 2019 return makes sense in that regard.

That being said 2015, the fish were all 10-12 lbs and this year the fish are better size.

Hopefully a good sign.

View attachment 46919 Sandheads had a winter kill , no fish there , nothing to see , please move on , thank you for your cooperation............
Hahaha, sounds like a DFO report on the state of fishing or maybe Doc Suzuki (while hes out fishing the cap with a guide) hahaha, anyone see the starving SRKW out there, they should be out feeding with the shortage of Chinooks. Sorry for hijack of thread back to the reports of all the Chinook out there :)

How's the massive pack off NA Doing? Dropped at the bell about 30 minutes ago, nothing so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back