2019 Comox Valley-Comox Harbour, Kitty Coleman, Cape Lazo, Denman & Hornby Islands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got out to Kitty Coleman hump in the morning. Picked up a coho for the BBQ and a 12lb clipped spring. Weather turned windy very quickly in the afternoon.
Coho was on a Sandlance 5 inch spoon at 125 ft and the spring was on the bottom with anchovy.

Reactions: AB3
Fished the hump in the morning. 2 nice Chinook. 75 and 77 cm. Both down deep 250. Green flasher greenish hoochie on first one. Purple haze and secret hoochie on second.

Fished this afternoon. Several bites and released a couple small nooks. Seemed to be a good bite at about 6. Several boats had nets out too. Bagged one at 79. Spoons no flash down deep 200+.

At the deep bay launch with the improvements, how much water do I need to pull out a 17’ boat? 5-6 feet or more?

At the deep bay launch with the improvements, how much water do I need to pull out a 17’ boat? 5-6 feet or more?

We take our 17' Whaler in all tides from Deep Bay. There is a fairly deep channel, but it becomes a bit narrow on a very low tide. Having said that I'd prefer a 5 ft / .3m tide or higher just to be on the safe side.

We take our 17' Whaler in all tides from Deep Bay. There is a fairly deep channel, but it becomes a bit narrow on a very low tide. Having said that I'd prefer a 5 ft / .3m tide or higher just to be on the safe side.

Perfect thanks

Aug 4th, 9:30 am. Said to myself one last cast, nothing, then one more last cast and BAM. Fish ON as soon as the hook hit the water and I flung that buzzbomb hard from the beach. 19lb 10oz, 86cm. Look closely in the pic for where I caught it. No spoiling please :)

Attachments

• 67955453_2337310376386815_1942627765408759808_o.jpg
    67955453_2337310376386815_1942627765408759808_o.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 195
Aug 4th, 9:30 am. Said to myself one last cast, nothing, then one more last cast and BAM. Fish ON as soon as the hook hit the water and I flung that buzzbomb hard from the beach. 19lb 10oz, 86cm. Look closely in the pic for where I caught it. No spoiling please :)
Holographic green and white buzzbomb. 20lb test

always marvelled at how pretty that little beach is behind you...seriously.

Nice work! I lived on Kin Beach for a couple years and never even tried the fishing from shore. Regretting that now.

Had a decent morning off of Hornby with 5 nice Coho to the boat (only 1 hatchery) with a 19 pound Chinook (white flesh) as a huge bonus. Used 4" spoons behind flashers with the DR 20' below the bait balls.

I was at lil riv 5:30 -7 casting a mac fish,no bites.Stopped looked for fish point homes ,no fish .Then went and walked all the way to the end of the courtenay river in the harbour for low flood ,found one other fisherman as a school of pinks passed buy .I stood in the mud sinking quickly when i noticed a (halibut?) swimming upside down on the surface. The fish breched again .No waders I didn't want to get wet I went and got the angler 100 yards away .I said "do you want a live halibut about 6 pounds ",he said "where"? 40 feet out 100 yards up .He said you go get it.I said you have the waders.The fellow belived me and came up stream .sure enough the fish was still there .he said" your eyes are better than mine" and waded out(thinking i was sinking and i didn't want him to get stuck on the rising tide.)he tried casting for it .but eventualy went over and picked it up.I took a couple pictures biggest stary flounder I have ever seen.and we parted I headed north and he headed east with the fish .

Got a nice 13 lb clipped spring off Tribune on Wednesday, 180 feet on an army truck hoochie. Anyone tried the Big Q yet?

Got a nice 13 lb clipped spring off Tribune on Wednesday, 180 feet on an army truck hoochie. Anyone tried the Big Q yet?

Nice, how many feet of water were you fishing? Be there tomorrow afternoon for a quick troll on our way back from Tribune. I haven’t heard anything from Big Q yet.

Hey everyone. I've got a buddy on Hornby that was telling me today there is a size restriction on Chinook right now. Other than the 63cm minimum, is there a slot (max)?

Hey everyone. I've got a buddy on Hornby that was telling me today there is a size restriction on Chinook right now. Other than the 63cm minimum, is there a slot (max)?

There was a max size of 80cm but it ended Aug 1. You are good for one chinook over 62cms per day.

Thanks Pescado, yea, thought it was the same as Sooke.
I'll let him know....he's been throwing back the big ones for a week! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back