Dip netting at it's finest

Holy COW.
Where and when is this from?

If its here in BC and lately this should go to MEDIA
and now!

Looks like Ennie Minne Minny Moe..... Great catch and release methods shown here. Who ever you are you should be SHAMED publically. Imagine how much of this goes on. Great Role Model too.

Imagine if Whitey gets caught doing this......same consequences? NOT!

Sure is working hard for his catch. Re a fish ladder and dip net.

Nothing beyond Unexceptable!

1 law for ALL.

Until then the Racism continues to grow. Without accountability there can be no Sustainability.

Keeper of the land my backside.

Last edited:
Absolutely disgraceful!!! Stewards of the land hey. People who respect the resource get shut down for most of the summer, only to have this garbage go on.

Hang out on the fraser and you will see all kinds of **** like this all over, most crack them upside the head and they go in a tub, must of been pinks and not worth the effort of packing it up the the old dodge

I have seen some first nations spinning this saying this is no different then playing 20 fish just to keep one.

From a chief on the Fraser about the incident

upload_2019-8-8_8-39-50.png

It's important when your out in the social media world not to fall for the bait.

I have seen some first nations spinning this saying this is no different then playing 20 fish just to keep one.

From a chief on the Fraser about the incident

View attachment 46876

It's important when your out in the social media world not to fall for the bait.
Unfortunately the reply’s are not far off. Catch and release is not a good thing.

Unfortunately the reply’s are not far off. Catch and release is not a good thing.

I'm sorry, are we comparing the fish he DID NOT bonk on the head, to catch and release methods practiced by our fellow sportsmen ??? Because when I compare the survival rates of the fish I bonk on the head and throw in my cooler vs. the ones I release, I find there is startling diffrence in their survival !

Last edited:
And even better survival of the ones I show so much respect and kick back hope this video gets posted everywhere and someone can screen shot and enhance his face

When I was a kid, ( 50 years ago) we used to watch traditional harvesters at Moricetown canyon, which it looks to be where this is. Back then, they used a 20' long wooden handled gaff. Shove it straight down into the river, then let it go, rising until it stabbed a fish. probably no better success rate than dip netting them, bonking them, then kicking them all back into the river. WTF?

By Bob Hooton
Pretty instructive that the FB administrators pulled the video clip of the Moricetown Falls fishway incident I posted here on August 5. I wonder if they paid any attention to the outrageously racist, biased, absurd comments that video inspired out of the mouths of a number of First Nations members?

Check out the comments on any post I've made that relates to First Nations fisheries activities. The pattern is abundantly clear. If the tables were reversed and I was using language remotely close to those comments or twisting facts and truth to support allegations of persecution and even genocide, one can only imagine the backlash. Quite the double standard.

The video clips are still widely available elsewhere, however, so those who try and silence truth are going to have their work cut out for them trying to censure all of them.

I'm reminded of a certain president's efforts to discredit all the news he doesn't like.

All due respect to you sir. You state some very true things and i too wish we could ALL COME TOGETHER.

That said when many from 1 sector.....yes FNs clearly state .....numbers, NO we dont have to give you any thing, we answer to NO one but our own CLEARLY there is an issue. Be it Big Game animals or Fish, no there is NOT accountability by all. 5 moose 6 deer 4 elk 100 sockeye 50 springs 20 halli etcetc by 1 individual or family to use an excuse we dont have too give you numbers. There ALL OURS or its for our elders is clearly not providing accurate counts.
Most notably. FN fishery notices.....at the bottom 95% even state NOT MONITORED great that works well. No it doesnt and it is not acceptable. Never have i stated all FNs are so disrespectful as dude filmed killing kicking or just letting unwanted fish bounce its way back to the pool.

Im white. Native here. 4th generation here. Fished hunted all my life here. Its my herritage my tradition my way of life BUT all along ive been accountable. Licensed with bag limits licences and tags. Never over limited. Always accountable and yes i answer to officials when asked. Not all Whiteys do however and they ARE held accountable. Must face the music. Sorry but the FN idea of he had a talking to is clearly not working.

1 law for all. Accountability by all. Without it we will continue down the path to nothing.

Yes FNs may some day have it All. So be it. But until we all answer to the tough questions with proper decipline and paying consequences the BS will continue to zero.

Pathetic really. We could have a mecca of fish and wildlife here. But no we continue to live with special rules for special people its WRONG and causes racism and divides us all. Unacceptable.

FNs should have rights to fish and game. With accountability. Night time hunting 24/7 no respect for private lands or shooting zones. No bag limits on fish and game. As said sickening.

So until there is accountability by all we you and i will never have Sustainability period.

Its so effed up 2 sets of rules and consequences is not working. Never will.

Bag limits rules etcetc need to be set and followed by all in the game.

If i were seen or caught doing dudes actions in the video the consequences are completely different. Until then lets keep taking while you can attitude trumps all till its gone. All of it.

Shame on any race colour or creed that think different.

Don’t no how to have a conversation with someone says we’re on stolen land and need to leave

Then when you do talk to them they say not my band and not my chief. Even within the same band there may be multiple hereditary chiefs. Can’t use the band council concept that is part of the colonial system we force on them.

So who do we even have a conversation with?

Last edited:
Back