Status
Not open for further replies.
Spring limits every trip since retention was allowed again Of course that is half of what a limit was last year. Today was tougher as we got into pinks from hell for awhile then moved to try some new water and hopefully loose the pinks. Only got one rod down and we landed a spring about 15 pounds. Minutes later we released one about 10 pounds....figuring the bite was coming on and like Saturday we would hook into enough to pick and choose. We played 10 Saturday. Nope quiet for a long spell and then finally at about 1:15 another one in the box about 16 pounds followed by another a few minutes later that went 17 pounds. Another limit 3 springs, 8 pinks and 1 hatch coho.

AWESOME weekend is all i can say anyone who says sooke isnt a fishing town is nuts lots of boats fishing was good to see the economy getting a boost .

As for a report had clients out for the SSE derby Saturday was probably the best fishing ive ever seen in sooke close to 20 to boat at one time a triple header. no derby winners for us that day but took our limit 15 to 17 lbers .Sunday first pass a 15 lber again so thought id move a bit and do old school and paid off with a 25.5 lber which would have got us 4th but the man who got it was a senior so we opted for the 500 bucks as you dont need electric downriggers in alberta LOL, And the weather WOW even had to tell TIPS UP he had a "FISH ON" as he passed us good times !!!!!!!!!!!!!AND still LOTS of pinks
67951340_2076179916011345_8075974135068491776_n.jpg

68436819_2076179966011340_6105987548243296256_n.jpg

Last edited:
Ha! I was busy taking this rare photo off my port side and Roy yells fish on! My port side rod is bouncing still in the clip so I pop it and hand it to my son knowing it’s a pink. Now everyone on Roys boat is still screaming fish on! I look over and my starboard side is off the clip and bouncing. Sadly another pink.

Attachments

• 2F3303E5-BE19-4589-A1AF-E0616884F360.jpeg
    2F3303E5-BE19-4589-A1AF-E0616884F360.jpeg
    62.2 KB · Views: 183
Ha, that is some pretty sporty looking water there now. Hope it is like that when I run the boat up to Bam town in a few weeks!

Ha! I was busy taking this rare photo off my port side and Roy yells fish on! My port side rod is bouncing still in the clip so I pop it and hand it to my son knowing it’s a pink. Now everyone on Roys boat is still screaming fish on! I look over and my starboard side is off the clip and bouncing. Sadly another pink.

Nice shot Tips! Promptly rewarded with 2 pinks! lolol

LOL LOL yes it was pretty funny All i saw was rod go POP and off clip if I know it was a pink I wouldnt have said anything LOL . btw Notice me giving head to right Rod to shore!!!!! LOL

LOL LOL yes it was pretty funny All i saw was rod go POP and off clip if I know it was a pink I wouldnt have said anything LOL . btw Notice me giving head to right Rod to shore!!!!! LOL
I thought the rule was Roy’s rod to shore. Lol.

Nope always give head to Right rod to shore especially in a flood .I always do and expect the same from fellow fishermen, As for a report for today aug 5th was crazy done and limited out in a hour and a half and hd a total of 9 on in that time Andrew P spoon lemon lime was very good today....even got me one today ... this is bay far the best salmon fishing I have experienced in sooke in many years,its kinda mind blowing how good.
113856@2x.png

There is a huge bump of Thompson reds that are coming though Vancouver right now some of the best fishing I have ever seen. Lots of cooking cutter 17 pounders.

Lots of Aggressive biting fish, I’m finding it hard not thinking the restrictions may of had something to do with it.

There is a huge bump of Thompson reds that are coming though Vancouver right now some of the best fishing I have ever seen. Lots of cooking cutter 17 pounders.

Lots of Aggressive biting fish, I’m finding it hard not thinking the restrictions may of had something to do with it.

same here in CR. best fishing i’ve experienced in 35 years. plus the commy closure as well. i know some on here might not want to hear that but the fishings been insane.
i am going out in all tides, in the middle of the day, not putting any of the usual forethought i normally do and limiting out on every trip with big scrappy fish.

we are also starting to pick up quite a few whites lately as well btw

Fished yesterday from 9:00-4:30. Got into a few pinks, 1 sockeye and three baby springs (largest 38cm). Three trips this summer but still no luck catching a decent size spring.

Fantastic day on the water albeit a little windy early 2 of us on the boat 2 springs early between Aldridge and beechy then moved out a ways to finish our limit of pinks

Left dock today at 6:15am with our daughter on board as well. Lines in the water in the Trap area by about 6:45am. Weather was rather foggy/marine cloud but it was above the water, so there was some visibility. However, it was quite bumpy. Around 7:30am we had a nice double tap and following the strike the fish seemed puzzled and came in to within 80 feet of the boat, then decided there was a problem and started to run, dive and rush. My daughter put up a great show on the rod, despite not having fished for two years as she has been busy producing our first grandchild LOL! ;) And eventually I was able to net a wonderful 24lb chinook for her. Her biggest fish ever! The fish came to a small herring in a t.h. at 55 feet in 120’ of water.

Later she got a small 8lb hatchery fish as well. After that we hit only pinks but we limited out on those in sunshine and much calmer waters and headed in at 2:15pm. All in all, a fantastic day!:)
DSCN3889.JPG

Back at the ranch, the big chinook turned out to be a white.

Last edited:
Nice Fish Roland .... yes I still cant believe how good it is ,missed a few early still got it done....what i have noticed with these fish is how great looking they are, they have great belly fat on them very very healthy some of the best looking fish I have seen nice fat lines inside the meat... usual depths 47 to 80 feet and the lemon lime herring spoon got the biggest fish of the day....
2 of the ones where white springs as well....

Nice Fish Roland .... yes I still cant believe how good it is ,missed a few early still got it done....what i have noticed with these fish is how great looking they are, they have great belly fat on them very very healthy some of the best looking fish I have seen nice fat lines inside the meat... usual depths 47 to 80 feet and the lemon lime herring spoon got the biggest fish of the day....

yep noticed the same thing yesterday when cleaning my fish had about half an inch of brown fat.

Thx Wolf. Yep fishing seems to be good right now. I have a few AP herring spoons but not sure if I have the lemon lime one. Anyway, while the little herring we scooped a year ago work the way I set them up, no need to try and experiment with the AP spoons, which have provided very limited success for us so far.......And yep, the fish sure was fat on the belly! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back