2019 Secret Cove, Pender Harbour and Texada Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have reports on conditions heading up the coast? Trying to get out of False Creek heading up to Thormanby. In a bit of a holding pattern right now. Doesn't look like it's getting any better overnight or tomorrow.

Anyone have reports on conditions heading up the coast? Trying to get out of False Creek heading up to Thormanby. In a bit of a holding pattern right now. Doesn't look like it's getting any better overnight or tomorrow.

It’s nice on the Pender side of Thormanby, Don’t know about further south.

Started the morning at quarry then to the piling and bjerre. Everything we got into was under. Anyone else have any luck?

I made it to Thormanby. Jesus what a ride. A Bayliner that had tucked in behind me rescued my tender when my shackle somehow dissapeared. Was blowing 18 against the current the whole way. So many highs and lows with this life man. Beach day tomorrow then hopefully doing a bit of fishing in the evening and Monday morning. Might just cast some swim jigs while the kids sleeping. Monday afternoon we stop in at Nelson Island then head up to Princess Louisa. Sorry not much of a report but you're all my backup now.

I made it to Thormanby. Jesus what a ride. A Bayliner that had tucked in behind me rescued my tender when my shackle somehow dissapeared. Was blowing 18 against the current the whole way. So many highs and lows with this life man. Beach day tomorrow then hopefully doing a bit of fishing in the evening and Monday morning. Might just cast some swim jigs while the kids sleeping. Monday afternoon we stop in at Nelson Island then head up to Princess Louisa. Sorry not much of a report but you're all my backup now.

Caught 12 lb white spring bjerre shoal south end 1 shaker and one got away all before morning tide 80 ft
Hit on homeland security and pistachio hoochies.

Whatever you do make sure to fish grants reef on your way up.

Just north of Powell River. Also if your in the area Upwood would be worth a try. Troll a white needle fish hootchy around the point. Start on the west side and just troll right around the point towards Anderson bay

Last edited:
Coho Point is worth a fish at the top of Texada.

Weekend Update:

-Still haven't got a line wet.

-After cleaning the water tank so we could give the kid a bath with the fresh water it now smells "bleachy".

-Forgot the $80 sunscreen for the kid so had to get a buddy to pick it up from my house on his way up.

-Turns out mooring balls at Thormanby aren't a great place to sleep in a NW

-Despite my best efforts the mosquitos are still getting in

-Heading to Nelson now and then hitting the 4PM low for access into Princess Louisa

-Having a blast despite almost going home this morning.

Weekend Update:

-Still haven't got a line wet.

-After cleaning the water tank so we could give the kid a bath with the fresh water it now smells "bleachy".

-Forgot the $80 sunscreen for the kid so had to get a buddy to pick it up from my house on his way up.

-Turns out mooring balls at Thormanby aren't a great place to sleep in a NW

-Despite my best efforts the mosquitos are still getting in

-Heading to Nelson now and then hitting the 4PM low for access into Princess Louisa

-Having a blast despite almost going home this morning.

Sounds like you're doing a good job at avoiding catching AIDS- Angling Induced Divorce Syndrome ;)

Been lurking here for awhile, now located in Madeira Park with my classic 22 BW Outrage. Heard a couple stories of springs spotty in the various favorite spots. Thinking of putting some pressure in either the shoals, quarry Bay, Epsom, or other? Any recent tips?

I fished on Sunday all the way from Sarah Point to Epsom including the Pilings and Upwood. I had no big hits at all, just lots of shakers. If I was up there I would give the Pilings a shot or Bjerre I know fish have been picked up. I had whales go through around Sarah Point on Saturday and it was super quiet for the next 24 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back