2019 Secret Cove, Pender Harbour and Texada Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven’t fished Pender Harbour area before. Any advise?

I've towed some lines around the southern approach into pender harbor on my way up from secret cove and it worked out alright. Not idea if that's the sweet spot this was last year. Usual gear, anchovies in a teaser 90 ft on the rigger.

Quarry bay on Saturday was busy with about 6 other boats, got a nook and 2 pinks. Got the lines in the water at 8, had my first fish to the boat at 8:04 released, then had my limit by 8:30 and back in Pender Harbour by 9. Riggers at 80ft and 110ft.

I've towed some lines around the southern approach into pender harbor on my way up from secret cove and it worked out alright. Not idea if that's the sweet spot this was last year. Usual gear, anchovies in a teaser 90 ft on the rigger.
Might be heading up Saturday now and fishing around Thormanby for a couple days before we head up the fjords. Keep in touch.

So.... Aug 1. Did DFO mess up? Still a 80 cm maximum on Chinook in area 16 but no minimum size showing ( other than 41 cm in 16-5, 16-6)

Had a slow day this morning with one under to the boat in the Ag. Took a small break and now at the pilings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back