Status
Not open for further replies.
Out at 4:30 this AM. First Spring off the Head at 5:15 on chovy at 55 feet, about 16 pounds. Then moved to the trap for a double header about an hour later, bait again 65 and 78 feet. 20 and 22 lbs!
Off the water with our limit and home before the wife got up!!!

Last edited:
Out at 4:30 this AM. First Spring at 5:15 on chovy at 55 feet, about 16 pounds. Then moved to the trap for a double header about an hour later, bait again 65 and 78 feet. 20 and 22 lbs!
Off the water with our limit and home before the wife got up!!!

Now to convince the wife it doesn’t count as a fishing day!

Last edited:
Went out yesterday evening for the high flood. Only saw one OK Chinook taken in the P0ssession Point/Secretary area. For us, nothing but Pinks, a released small Chinook and a released small Sockeye inside. I assume the Sockeye run that is known to follow close to shore inside, rather than way out in the strait has a few going through, I forget which run it is. Back at the dock someone had a nice evening gold 30 lb Chinook that reportedly was caught close off a wall somewhere east of Secretary towards Trap Shack. On the plus side we had 16 keeper crabs in just one old commercial crab trap. I guess filling it up with a large frozen Halibut head and frame, and leaving it down for almost a week is the ticket.

Last edited:
Was fishing at Otter Point last night from 5pm to 8 pm. At about 6pm there was a pink salmon frenzy going on at 3rd rock. Seems everyone got them beside me. Didn't really see any Chinooks being caught. In total I released a small shaker, a little ling and got 3 pin popper that didn't stick.

2 trips today. Pinks were thick at Otter but 2/3 springs in the am 18&20 and 1/3 in the afternoon 20+. Must have played 40+ fish today all on skinny g gave up on bait pretty quick. Couldn’t ask for a better day fishing.

Hi Guys, I just bought a Skinny G spoon to try my luck, is a 6 ft leader the right length. Thanks, Xena

Out yesterday 8:30am , started at the Trailer Park. a nice size pink in 5 minutes, rode the ebb past Otter, Hubby picked up this sweet 18 lber. Had plans for early afternoon, so we had to pack it in!! All done within 2 hours.........damn, wished we could have stayed and got me one!!

Attachments

• 18 lber.jpg
    18 lber.jpg
    426.8 KB · Views: 123
Slower for springs today. 12lb kept. Lost 2 others. Did not see many springs caught. A lot more pinks around today than yesterday.
I fished the sooke salmon enhancement derby with my uncle and son all weekend. Great weather, great memories and a fun derby.
Thanks to those involved!

Decided to try the afternoon bite, lines in the water at 2:30. Ran up past Muir creek, hung out there for three hours. 5 pinks and.......a Spring for me!! 62 feet, pink squirt, short leader (LOL) Silver Betsey flasher.
15 pounds, not as big as my hubby's yesterday, but ends a dry spell of over two years!!!!!!!Yahoo!!
Xena

Attachments

• 15 lber.jpg
    15 lber.jpg
    407.7 KB · Views: 94
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back