Status
Not open for further replies.
Take a kid fishing pink salmon festival today......good turn out and very well run event. Thanks to all the other skippers who volunteered!
It was fun. My group got to see some orcas which was a bonus for them. Threw back 1 sockeye which made my bbq cry!
T2

Lots of pinks out there.
Kids had fun today.

Sunny and calm.
Nice to be out there.

Attachments

• 00953948-8E34-459C-96CB-D2471021B4AA.jpeg
    00953948-8E34-459C-96CB-D2471021B4AA.jpeg
    190.8 KB · Views: 121
Reactions: cby
Wow what a crazy day on the water. Went 9 for 27 of that 4 were small springs under 8lbs, nothing big today. Rest where pinks, coho and maybe sockeye. 1 had 1 Quadruple header, never had that before, 2 x triple header and 2 x double header. So many hits and then gone and so many long line releases and many at the boat. My leader touches were not successful today. I had to take my pink hootchie off. Every time it went down fish on, hit or long line release. Crazy fishing. All inside as well. Between Beechy head and trap. Had a couple really nice hits at the end of the day down deep 80 and 90 at Alderidge. The rest of the fish were caught at 43, 53, 63, 73. Mostly used skinny g's all day, pink hootchie had to retire to hot. Never kept one fish and they all swam away for the Orcas as they were inside today.

Great day out there!

You got sealed buddy! They can stay under water for a long time. I have had ones stay down for about 10-15 minutes or so. They do usually surface but sometimes they don't. Sea lions are the worst will never get it back if this was a sea lion. So powerful and strong.

Left the dock at 6:30am this morning and hit fog at Whiffen Spit. Stayed pretty foggy till 10:00am.

Limited out on pinks and no large chinooks appeared today, to spoil the party! :);)LOL

Most fish were in depths between 170’ and 230’ off the Bluffs and we had most of our hits at 77’. They came pretty steadily to small pink hootchies and so we were done by 10:30am before any wind got up.

Its going to be a crowded August on the water!

Ughhh that’s going to be gross with boats.

lol....I actually think it wont be as busy as people expect, Some people have moved on others moved their boats to other parts of the coast. Sure weekends will be busy if fishing is good, always is.

You guys complain people aren't there for months and when they are there you complain. LOLOLOL

I don't really care some of the best spots you guys aren't in anyway. Most just flock like sheep at same spots everyday. There is a lots of room there if you know what you are doing.

I agrree with wildman I think you will at least 50 percent less traffic this year especially weekdays.

i agree as well people have moved on marinas are at a all time low, wont be that busy more room too .
Fishing was incredible I must say today limit of pinks in 2 hours so went looking for springs 5 to boat 3 hatchery biggest about 18 ish 2 wilds smaller sure is a shame to have to let the fish we raise., just made me wonder if the hatchery were the ones we let go with the net pen project???? as we should experience some 3 years old now.....
Andrew P spoons was hot ticket today the lemon lime one normal depths ...

Last year was a total zoo with so many boats out front. This year the boats should be a little more spread out with some going back to spots like Muir and 3 Rocks.

You guys complain people aren't there for months and when they are there you complain. LOLOLOL

I don't really care some of the best spots you guys aren't in anyway. Most just flock like sheep at same spots everyday. There is a lots of room there if you know what you are doing.

I agrree with wildman I think you will at least 50 percent less traffic this year especially weekdays.

I expect where the space issue will be is at the parking lots of the boat launches.

I launched at sunny shores on Sunday.
Sad to see that marina has fallen apart.

It was low tide and the guy in front of me had launched his boat only to have it stuck in the sludge that has not been dredged at all. Looked deep but boat was stuck. We helped to pull and push him through then did the same with my boat.

Slips were empty and docks falling apart. It stunk and was dangerous to walk on or tie you boat against anything.

Very sad to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back