COMMANDER DOWN! Can anyone fit in a cone clutch repair in the next week?

Rain City

Crew Member
I'm told my cone is bunged up. Port side drive won't go into forward and did some weird **** under load. Called a couple places that have lifts and they have yard room but no mechanic to spare for a few weeks. My only planned trip with the family since the kid was born is supposed to happen on the 4th but that's pooched if I can't get this fixed. :(

Maybe some prunes or Metamucil?

Sorry to hear that RC. Pleasure craft can't help you? Sometimes I find its better to stand in the office than to phone.
Its harder to put someone off standing there. Maybe take your daughter and have her cry. :)

PS not just a shift cable that needs adjusting?

Sorry to hear that RC. Pleasure craft can't help you? Sometimes I find its better to stand in the office than to phone.
Its harder to put someone off standing there. Maybe take your daughter and have her cry. :)

PS not just a shift cable that needs adjusting?
Haha yeah I thought about just pulling it out and parking it in front of their door. They're happy to help at the end of August which didn't help.

I'm actually not sure if it could be a cable. It slipped while under way so thought that might rule that out? I'm not well versed in this stuff so wouldn't even know what to look for. When I talked to Pleasurecraft they were quite certain it was the clutch. If anyone's got any suggestions I'd love to hear them.

Haha yeah I thought about just pulling it out and parking it in front of their door. They're happy to help at the end of August which didn't help.

I'm actually not sure if it could be a cable. It slipped while under way so thought that might rule that out? I'm not well versed in this stuff so wouldn't even know what to look for. When I talked to Pleasurecraft they were quite certain it was the clutch. If anyone's got any suggestions I'd love to hear them.
You have newer (older version) legs on your boat too don't you? Wolf on here knows quite a bit about those drives as he used to run them on his boat He used to have spares as well.
Hope you can find someone to fix it. Bad time of year for a breakdown

You have newer (older version) legs on your boat too don't you? Wolf on here knows quite a bit about those drives as he used to run them on his boat He used to have spares as well.
Hope you can find someone to fix it. Bad time of year for a breakdown
The worst time. Seems like 5 years out of the 6 that I started mooring full time I've gone down mid July. Like clockwork. And yeah they're the slightly newer of the older ones. 290DP but something else in the model that I keep forgetting.
@wolf ?

Did you give stem to stern a try? That totally sucks. You need to be hauled out for that leg to come off? You could also try north shore marine. There is room to haul out at lgm for someone to work on it by all appearances.

Did you give stem to stern a try? That totally sucks. You need to be hauled out for that leg to come off? You could also try north shore marine. There is room to haul out at lgm for someone to work on it by all appearances.
I haven't tried Stem to Stern but they're generally pretty booked up. Wouldn't be my first choice. What's LGM?

we have a guy and parts, just need it out of the water now

Call lgm see if they have space. You guys could use my trailer if you think it would work. It will be free tomorrow and I could launch tonight. Double axels roadrunner for my 26 hourston.

By space I mean with the travel lift. I think youd be fine with space in the yard. PM me if needed thx

Call lgm see if they have space. You guys could use my trailer if you think it would work. It will be free tomorrow and I could launch tonight. Double axels roadrunner for my 26 hourston.

By space I mean with the travel lift. I think youd be fine with space in the yard. PM me if needed thx
Awesome thanks! And LGM, duh! Lol

Back