2019 Secret Cove, Pender Harbour and Texada Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was out off Upwood for the afternoon, trolled white needle nose hootchies and a 6 inch plug the plug had the most action but I was also fishing it deeper than the side with the hootchy stack, was looking for coho. They both had good action but the plug hit more , was down from 166 to 110 but had it up high and had s good fish on at 60 feet. Quite a bit of action not as much as some previous trips. Two other boats one was jigging off the reef and looked to be pretty active. Nice late afternoon early evening troll.
Green Trophy?

I assume that was you jigging, looked like you were into some nice fish. I need to get some better set ups for jigging there, my bottom fishing rods are a bit heavy and my Amundsons don’t have free spool

Fished this morning off Upwood and it was pretty slow for the low and low slack, just a few fish small ones and wasn’t making much. Switched to lings and pick a couple good ones

Fished this morning off Upwood and it was pretty slow for the low and low slack, just a few fish small ones and wasn’t making much. Switched to lings and pick a couple good ones
Yes some nice fish for sure. I was back this afternoon, SE made it a little difficult to stay on bait. Landed a couple of smalls, nothing like the night before.

I caught the morning tide today and hit quarry. 3 to the boat, one i would keep tomorrow. All about 60-70 on rigger as I was more looking for coho. Two very good size clipped ones caught there yesterday. Bait was insane but no hoe love for me.

Anyone have intel on fishing sangster? Will be staying on the west side of lasqueiti this weekend and want to give it a shake

Beautiful morning on the water huh. We kept two just a sliver shy of 80. Quarry bay. Left and tried Bjerre for a bit but nothing there. Buddy skunked at the pilings too. Other buds got their 3 at Upwood.

Fished around Pearson island and agamemnon. Had one good hit that peeled off about 100 feet of line before it shook it off. 1 undersized ling and pod of orcas which made it a good night. Just jigging and trolling with slip weights, 12 oz. Gonna try the 16oz tomorrow to get a bit deeper.

Spent most of the day fishing the pilings only ended up with one keeper, two long line releases, about 8 unders, and one over the we revived and sent on its way. Not as productive as yesterday but still a good day. Any reports from Quarry, Epson, or Upwood? Or is everybody playing there cards close before the derby?

There seems to be fish everywhere but not huge numbers of keeper size. To evade the wind we went to egmont Tuesday and Wednesday. Was great on my boat. Kept 7 gooders over the two days. Got fish at the pilings, Upwood and Quarry this week also. Irish creme , needlefish hootchie and a 602 was all working good. Bait just fed the little ones for us.

I haven't fished off sangster before but I will at the end of July When I was off upwood and anderson bay last month day / tuesday it was all meat all the time. The only hoochie they would go after was a brown Yama. I fished both with a short 26" leader one using green glow and the other white / salmon flashers around 90' the mouth of anderson bay was the hottest spot. The pink hoochies that have been on fire for me around byng got no love. Any pointers around areas on sangster would be much appreciated. Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back