Craiglist Ad for Fraser Springs

Fake ad and number to make us look stupid and loose interest so when the adds reappear we won't report?

It may well be a False Flag Tactic to accomplish what you suggest and to decrease the credibility of those who raise concerns about this practice. But even if it was some idiot getting his jollies, it does not negate the other ads on local Buy and Sell Sites, especially in the lower Fraser area that have appeared in more recent years.

The underground black market sale of salmon has been going on for decades I would like to think that this method is perhaps less wasteful than the back of the pickup truck sales and then dump the unsold salmon in the ditch at the end of the day method. At least with the online ads and the hand made signs pointing into the reserve to buy salmon, there is a base where they may refrigerate or freeze them so less go to waste. I would also like to think that these are for the most part smaller sales operations with a few bad actors chasing a fast buck.

What scares me more is large scale commercial high volume level sales of netted Salmon involving trucking them out. We have seen that in the past. A reporter for a major Vancouver Paper did a very good story on it some years back. If that has not stopped, then I think we are looking at the imminent extinction of some runs.

Last edited:
Fraser river, 6:30PM yesterday

upload_2019-7-12_9-11-45.png

Trying to track down the details for the below picture

Picture taken 10 days ago above Gil road

upload_2019-7-12_9-20-39.png

Last edited:
The earliest Albion caught chum is first for second week of August..

Would love to have a camera crew on those boats out for the "chum" fishery in July.

What a f-cking joke.

Absolute travesty!!! Summer Chums on the Fraser,are long time extinct, and Fall chums don't appear in any numbers, until the middle of Sept. Can these jerks in DFO come up with any more ridiculous excuses for allowing the FN to decimate the Fraser Chinook Runs. That is absolutely unbelievable. Who dreams up these ridiculous attempts at justifying their actions!!!

Last edited:
When's the next one get the cameras out document the springs coho and sockeye being harvested under the guise of a chum opening and post all over social media and news sites

Back