2019 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Visiting family in Roberts Creek and am thinking of taking the tinny out. Anyone having any luck in that area.

An Indian Pink? What are you talking about? A pink from the Indian River?

I think everyone's a little confused about the boundaries.

Could be. I was fishing for coho so everything else went back in the drink anyway.

Ended up with 1 teen Chinook and 1 wild coho in 3.5 hrs. Saw a couple Bon Chovy boats who reported slow fishing as well.

Spectacular weather.

View attachment 46333 Did well over at entrance yesterday and today. Bait and hoochies at 115 and 130.

Had to send back some overs, thanks DFO... I am sure this HATCHERY oversized spring will make it past the slide area... to the mystery hatchery up that way.
Atta boy. But you're not supposed to tell people! :rolleyes:

An Indian Pink? What are you talking about? A pink from the Indian River?
I have not caught many Pinks in the Indian Arm. It is full of jellyfish. I caught one casting a small pink buzz-bomb at the cliffs by the powerhouse.
However West Van beach/Dundarave produces like crazy some years, as well as out near point atkinson. They start out hitting red spoons, then switch to red squirts. 20' near the beach and deeper out at the point. fish enter the river starting in early august,

Can intercept fresh schools early on but by the time they are at Brighton /wigwam they are stale , non biting . Every Romanian in the lower mainland is up there ripping the asses out of them .
Lol

So we’re allowed to keep Chinook now if I’m reading the dfo site correctly? How did they decide to open it here and not other areas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back