Stolen Truck and trailer

JustFishing

Hey Guys,

I fished Bamfield all last week, only to come back to my truck and boat trailer stolen. It was parked by the Ford dealership in the overnight parking at Clutesi in Port Alberni.

I realize it’s probably long gone but if anyone spots it please contact the RCMP they have a file on it.

Trucks: 1997 Dodge Cummins 2500 12 valve
Two tone with black rock guard on rockers. Black tool box big steel bumper . Black and silver wheels ( diferent from picture). License plate LC2584

Trailers: 2005 ez loader dual axle bunk .

Thanks
JF

Attachments

• BDE15958-DE3A-4D8A-8D01-B1C029F1C46C.png
    BDE15958-DE3A-4D8A-8D01-B1C029F1C46C.png
    497.5 KB · Views: 197
  • 5C31BE11-D2EA-4983-B481-F26F74437E99.png
    5C31BE11-D2EA-4983-B481-F26F74437E99.png
    1,021.9 KB · Views: 174
Holy crap that isn't good. Sorry what a horrible experience. Will keep eye ought. I would put this up on the thieving Nanaimo FB sight as well the Vancouver island Fishing FB Page.

Yeah I was very fortunate to meet a nice guy at the ramp that unfortunately had his truck stolen last year in the same lot. He lent me his triple axle trailer to at least get my boat out of the water.

I have friends that posted on the local Alberni pages and the Van island fishing page but haven’t had any hits yet.

That’s brutal. I’ve seen and heard of so much theft and vandalism in that lot. We always park at the boat launch and pay the fee and no issues yet. Fingers crossed.

Are you allowed to park there for a week? Have you checked with the city to see if they towed it? I had my boat trailer towed in Ucluelet once because it was parked longer than 72 hours.

Man that sucks, great that you got it back. Thief's must have been on the dumber side. Too bad if they ever get caught nothing will happen.

BTW That's a great looking rig.

HM

Thanks man , yeah that truck has a lot of sentimental value and I’ve done so much work on it , wouldn’t be able to replace it get icbc to give me proper value. So I’m glad she’s coming home. She will need a new steering column and a detail.

JF

Great to see your rig was located. That trailer looks huge with your boat on it. (Very nice boat) Lots of room up front for coolers and such. LOL might look a little funny going down the road though.

Oly

lucky to get your rig back.......I have an old DOUBLE EAGLE/17' but its mine and being well retired,would be tough to get one it such good shape with my low hour 110 evinrude.......if I leave truck overnite ,I disconnect 1 coil bank,chain hood shut after disconnecting battery......overkill but have not lost it or my 20ft.EZLOADER YET..... did I mention I put a ''hard to cut'' steel cable and quality pad lock thru trailer wheels too.
no deterant for criminals today.........

The truck is in the process of being fixed , the trailer is pretty mangled from being high centered and jack knifed , bent beam . They also tried to smash the lock off with an object and destroyed the hitch coupler , amazingly they never got the lock off.

On another note they stole nothing other than an old Garmin nuvi GPS. Really weird.

In the future , I will disconnect a bunch of stuff when parking , try to make it difficult for someone to take it.

Hope I get back on the water soon!
JF

Hope ICBC plays it straight with you........LOCKS are for honest folks....heck,i even use a cable and lock to keep a trailer spare safe !!!
was it found 5 minutes WEST of PORT, across the bridge.?????
Dirt bags everywhere !!! my daughter was at a car show at CROWN ISLE, someone ''keyed'' her AUDI Q-7 . that kid works hard for her money.......manages her construction company and also puts in a couple days a week in a medical office in COMOX....
as a kid,we never locked anything up.......boats left full of gear and gas....you just did not touch other peoples stuff !!!!!
guess because EVERYONES dads,grandads and even mothers were returned soldiers............you just did not mess with their things....you knew they DID NOT DO 911 !!!!!

I blame in on accountability. There are NO ramifications for anything today, not actions or statements. When I was growing up and did/said something bad I immediately got a well deserved "clout aside the head". Now how can you even punish bad behavior??? If the dirt bags were caught and the punishment was what jffisher said, maybe they think differently after receiving. When/if caught now they get a golden pass to freebees and the media makes them poor poor hard done by???? But never stated as dirt bag criminals.

HM

Back