CHEK News poll July 15/19

Would the numbers have been the same if there was NOT the protest yesterday?? I think the YES would be higher. Trudeau has made us the bad guys, even divided amongst our own ranks. Lets hope there are lots more no in Oct. Meaning NO to Trudeau. I do not understand why do not have a speaker/group who could run real TV adds, interviews. Imagine a 6 pm newscast showing truths, stats and whos doing what. Why no TV interview asking why Suzuki is fishing when he advocates NO fishing? Nobody even challenged the pregnant whale called starving after giving birth. WHY These things may/would change the polls to our favor and let a few dumbed down Canadians get the truth.

HM

Would the numbers have been the same if there was NOT the protest yesterday?? I think the YES would be higher. Trudeau has made us the bad guys, even divided amongst our own ranks. Lets hope there are lots more no in Oct. Meaning NO to Trudeau. I do not understand why do not have a speaker/group who could run real TV adds, interviews. Imagine a 6 pm newscast showing truths, stats and whos doing what. Why no TV interview asking why Suzuki is fishing when he advocates NO fishing? Nobody even challenged the pregnant whale called starving after giving birth. WHY These things may/would change the polls to our favor and let a few dumbed down Canadians get the truth.

HM

I would assume that as the public sector base became aware of the pole the numbers would have continued the climb on the no side. That is what happened once it was posted on this site.

Beyond that, in my view, poles like this have little scientific validity.

I will say your are correct in that there has not been a lot of balance or even fact checking in the reporting of these issues in the media. Real investigative reporting costs time and effort and a degree of journalistic ability and integrity. A lot of media outlets, especially the print outlets are struggling and don't have the resources to do real balanced and fair reporting. It is easy for them to simply parrot the propaganda pieces coming out of the more extremist ENGO's which are well funded and organized. It is simple, easy and cheap for media outlets to allow them to publish Op Ed, opinion pieces and guest editorials on their outlets and far to many of the public don't know the difference. How many supportive Public Sector Fishery Op Ed, opinion pieces and guest editorials have we seen in the same period. The ENGO,s coordinate their efforts with different ones saturating the media one after another. Our organizations need to learn to do the same.

That said, Federal Elections are won riding by riding where only a small number of votes often make the difference. That where we need to put our efforts. It is the little things like driving your expensive and high profit margin 4x4 truck to the dealer and telling the manager that you suspect it will be the last one you will buy because of all the sport fishing closures.

Last edited:
It's called Lefty fake news and we will see lots of it as the election nears. 90% of mainstream media have leftist views.

I Voted NO ...To bad most of the fishing community is to busy DOING instead of sitting on computers or the number for the NO vote would have been in the 80% ....... But thats what we are , we're DO'ERS !!!!

Nobody even challenged the pregnant whale called starving after giving birth. WHY These things may/would change the polls to our favor and let a few dumbed down Canadians get the truth.HM

The challenge with the news of the pregnant starving whale is simple. There is no fake news, no propaganda, no coverup, etc as that whale (J17) and 1 other (J25) may now be dead.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/southern-resident-killer-whales-missing-1.5205596

The challenge with the news of the pregnant starving whale is simple. There is no fake news, no propaganda, no coverup, etc as that whale (J17) and 1 other (J25) may now be dead.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/southern-resident-killer-whales-missing-1.5205596
One of the things that gets me about the term starving is that it’s automatically associated with a lack of food availability. This may or may not be true. In the link provided it’s stated that one male is unable to hunt for himself, not that there is no food sources available, simply without his mother he is an unsuccessful predator.

In the case of the 42 yr old female they are suggesting she to is suffering from a lack of food source which is simply speculation. As all of us I’m sure have witnessed as animals or even people succumb to diseases, they often lose their appetite and lose weight. Food is available but if you lose interest or simply can’t eat, you’re going to eventually look starved.

Where it can be spun to support a theory is when it’s suggested the only answer is a lack of fish. Indeed a thin cancer patient may look like they are starving but it’s in fact a symptom, they are really dieting of cancer. That’s where the so called experts have failed IMO. They have jumped to a simple solution for what may or may not be the true problem. Sick animals and people lose weight!

Just a little info for when this all really started from the Georgia Strait Alliance
"This all started in the 60's when we started capturing and relentless attacks on wild killer whales, removing them from their families to put into tanks around the world for public display. The hardest hit population was the Southern Residents due to the ease of catching them in the local waters of the Salish Sea where they spend much of their time from spring until fall, hunting Chinook salmon. In just 12 years, 47 members of the southern resident orca population were taken to aquariums, while reports indicate that potentially an additional dozen or more died in the process of being captured.
The live capture marked the downward slide of the Southern Residents from which they have yet to recover. In 1976, when the live capture of whales was officially banned in Canada, there were only 71 whales left in this population. Their population dynamics were left unbalanced with almost a complete generation of whales lost to tanks in captivity. Since then, the Southern Residents have fluctuated slightly with their highest numbers since before the live capture era occurring in 1995 when the population was 98 whales. Today just 75 remain and they are dying at an alarming rate."
As of May 31, 2019, the Southern Resident Killer Whale (Orca) population was comprised of 76 individuals ( 77 including Lolita/Tokitae, the L pod orca confined at the Miami Seaquarium). J pod has 23 members; K pod has 18; and L pod has 35, including (approximately):

Adult females could be defined as 12 years old or older, or born in 2006 or earlier. Female reproductive age ends about age 40.
Adult males (reproductive) could be defined as over 15, or born 2003 or earlier.

• J pod has 11 adult females, (1 post-reproductive); 2 young females; 4 adult males; and 5 young males, and one female neonate.

• K pod has 7 adult females (2 post-reproductive); 1 young female; 6 adult males; 4 young males.

• L pod has 14 adult females (5 post-reproductive); 3 young females; 6 adult males; 11 young males; and one neonate, gender unknown.

Last edited:
One of the things that gets me about the term starving is that it’s automatically associated with a lack of food availability. This may or may not be true. In the link provided it’s stated that one male is unable to hunt for himself, not that there is no food sources available, simply without his mother he is an unsuccessful predator.

In the case of the 42 yr old female they are suggesting she to is suffering from a lack of food source which is simply speculation. As all of us I’m sure have witnessed as animals or even people succumb to diseases, they often lose their appetite and lose weight. Food is available but if you lose interest or simply can’t eat, you’re going to eventually look starved.

Where it can be spun to support a theory is when it’s suggested the only answer is a lack of fish. Indeed a thin cancer patient may look like they are starving but it’s in fact a symptom, they are really dieting of cancer. That’s where the so called experts have failed IMO. They have jumped to a simple solution for what may or may not be the true problem. Sick animals and people lose weight!

No matter how the news, marine animal experts - and the armchair experts here on this forum want to analyze, speculate, spin doctor, use straw man and ad homien arguments, and point fingers, all I care about is there probably 2 more dead whales - no matter how they died.

I Voted NO ...To bad most of the fishing community is to busy DOING instead of sitting on computers or the number for the NO vote would have been in the 80% ....... But thats what we are , we're DO'ERS !!!!
Did not see too many doers at yesterdays demonstration, could have been 1000's of boats. Yes yes bad day, people at work and so on, but as Garry said when bonk season was open there are/were more boats on Beachy head. Divide and conquer is working.

Are missing whales really dead? Did SRKW stay south for lack of food in JDF? Was there more salmon in California? I did see pic of Suzuki salmon fishing again. So many ******** news reports all seams fake. The more involved/knowledgeable I get the more I see the BS. I do now believe as others stated, this whole salmon, whales, fishing closure debacle is all about 1 thing. Trudeaus wants votes and is giving it all to a minority. Only thing that all returns too.

Too bad the CHEK pole has changed to aliens???

HM

Did not see too many doers at yesterdays demonstration, could have been 1000's of boats. Yes yes bad day, people at work and so on, but as Garry said when bonk season was open there are/were more boats on Beachy head. Divide and conquer is working.

Are missing whales really dead? Did SRKW stay south for lack of food in JDF? Was there more salmon in California? I did see pic of Suzuki salmon fishing again. So many ******** news reports all seams fake. The more involved/knowledgeable I get the more I see the BS. I do now believe as others stated, this whole salmon, whales, fishing closure debacle is all about 1 thing. Trudeaus wants votes and is giving it all to a minority. Only thing that all returns too.

Too bad the CHEK pole has changed to aliens???

HM
Joe Public has a better handle on aliens than what is happening to our fishery!

No matter how the news, marine animal experts - and the armchair experts here on this forum want to analyze, speculate, spin doctor, use straw man and ad homien arguments, and point fingers, all I care about is there probably 2 more dead whales - no matter how they died.
Well everything has a finite life span, them and us all die, some earlier some later! I guess if you’re not interested in why, that’s fine by me, some of us care though.

Back