• Thread starter Deleted member 8461
  • Start date
I'm in. I'd contribute to a legal action. I'd also contribute to a positive media campaign. We need a Go Fund Me action if anyone knows how to set that up.
Thank you. We will do something once the group and consensus has been developed, hopefully sooner than latter.

All,

Although seeing the “ins” are great, and I would be happy to donate as well, the question from the OP is not who can contribute money for a law suit, but who can contribute the intellectual data from which a successful lawsuit could be based.

I don’t have that knowledge.

Hb

Imo the government was very smart leaving it open for catch and release. As o can see a lawsuit being easier to do it access was totally cut off.

Imo the rest is up to a judge and if they determine that First Nations right for priory access applies even in areas where the intercept of Thoes other user groups is less the 1%
Does it truly have to be zero and how many years do you have to show that you intercept zero for. Some areas are shut down because they intercepted 1 tagged fish in the last 18 years.

Is the government justified in that approach

In nature and science it’s often difficult to get anything down to zero.

On Behalf of myself(Robert Van Pelt) an individual person that fishes in aboriginal, commercial and public fisheries along side with other public fishery participants, I am personally willing to award the sum of no more and no less then $2000.00 CAD for the correct reason to battle DFO and the corporation Government of Canada in any court designed that of the Corporation Government of Canada. This award will only be granted to a legitimate consensus of Recreational, Aboriginal and Commercial people affected by the determination of closure and contravention, obstruction or hindrance thereby not allowing an open unobstructed public fisheries opportunity for all to enjoy. In turn preventing or limiting contract obligations in favor of other open unobstructed fisheries not designated as public fisheries by DFO and the corporation Government of Canada. Discrimination at best.

If you are serious and have balls deep...recognize that the reasons that we think are at issue simply may not be valid. Researching all angles is imperative.

robert@haidalure.com

Why do you repeatedly refer to the “corporation” government of Canada? And what is this repeated reference to contract in the context of fishing regulations?

Imo the government was very smart leaving it open for catch and release. As o can see a lawsuit being easier to do it access was totally cut off.

Imo the rest is up to a judge and if they determine that First Nations right for priory access applies even in areas where the intercept of Thoes other user groups is less the 1%
Does it truly have to be zero and how many years do you have to show that you intercept zero for. Some areas are shut down because they intercepted 1 tagged fish in the last 18 years.

Is the government justified in that approach

In nature and science it’s often difficult to get anything down to zero.
Where does the justification of non retention of hatchery fish come from in the basis of law?

I'm not sure of the reasoning for this thread, ST if you have the answer spill the beans so the process can begin. Why the guessing game?

I don’t think this is a guessing game. He doesn’t know the answer. He is will to pay someone $2k if thy can come up with one. No game. Just a real question.

Back