2019 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except for the guys that feel handling fish kills them, what are they going to do now, how are you going to determine a 78cm fish from a 80cm fish without handling it quite extensively, some maybe can, most will be man handling those fish beyond reason. For a conservation move this makes zero sense. They are playing games people that’s all they are doing. This is a severe abuse of power and nothing else. Facking morons !!
If you sing softly to the to the fish it will relax and you can easily measure them. Or crack them on the head. That works too.

Except for the guys that feel handling fish kills them, what are they going to do now, how are you going to determine a 78cm fish from a 80cm fish without handling it quite extensively, ....

Now that there are fish nets with built-in digital scales, maybe they can change the length restriction to a weight restriction. We could mostly leave the fish we release in the water.

Related: I fished Chinook in the Fraser River for numerous years. We were once told by a CO that the reason we had a 62cm limit in the river was that "fish under that sized rarely made it to the spawning ground anyway. You might as well harvest them." Also, wouldn't it be beneficial for us in the long run if the maximum number of BIG fish were the spawners??

This year is so f#ked. Why even bother with this size limit BS. Just open hatchery. Like should of happened months ago. Some clown in Toronto sitting at a desk telling us what to do. Meanwhile commercial openings up the ying yang and native nets all over the river LOL.
Not to mention (I think I heard) recreation fishers are a measly 0.8% of the total take!

I saw quite a few jumpers while on a cruise with family yesterday. They were something like 400-500 meters off shore from point Atkinson. I'm gonna try Collingwood channel today. Will keep you all updated.

Dropped gear at Cowan at 8:30. Trolling west. One small spring so far. Good conditions.

Only other action for us was one wild coho and another coho lost at the boat. A good number of boats but didn't seem to be too much going on. Water was pretty clean at South Bowen, but nasty, nasty red in the harbour on the way back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back