Slot limit announced....

With emails like this sent to government officials, along with the other posts in this thread about just ignoring the restrictions and taking the fish you want, you are not helping the cause of recreational fishers.

What it does is encourage DFO to just shut down the fishery altogether. Easier enforcement.
I know for a fact there is C&H (catch and hide) going on.

Should not be any restrictions on hatchery ever. Insane. Maybe you guys saw mistys article in Vancouver sun. That’s where he is getting his information from. Or at least listening to which is insane. Hatcheries bad for salmon.

Please lets NOT start bad mouthing, attacking or name calling those amongst us who have dedicated time, money and life to try and help sport fishers. Lets all realize this has only ONE reason and outcome, no science, no reason, no logic, its all for a minority to have 100% control of fish and wildlife for BC and any place in Canada where a Provincial Gov stands idly bye. Many have stated on here for a LONG time and were again attacked on here. It IS Mr Trudeaus way of getting votes and standing on a world stage bangin his chest at what he has done in support of the UNDRIP. We can only hope come Oct things ease back with a change in Gov, if Trudeau gets back in we ARE EXTINCT.

HM

I know for a fact you guys have busted your asses with DFO and i personally want to thank you Mr Spring Velocity, Derby and Sea Run for all your efforts!

FishT you forgot to mention Saxepoint, shame on you. All's i know is that all the letters i wrote to the minister, dfo and countless other organizations i did not receive one personal response, just the usual form letter, not a single question addressed, answered or responded to period. So apparently by Sax i am supposed to write more of these letters and by golly it's gonna work boys and girls. For thirty years i have fished the west coast, volunteered my time and money for projects, and have come to the conclusion DFO IS NOT TO TRUSTED. A sad time for sure!!!! (sorry about the exclamation marks)

FishT you forgot to mention Saxepoint, shame on you. All's i know is that all the letters i wrote to the minister, dfo and countless other organizations i did not receive one personal response, just the usual form letter, not a single question addressed, answered or responded to period. So apparently by Sax i am supposed to write more of these letters and by golly it's gonna work boys and girls. For thirty years i have fished the west coast, volunteered my time and money for projects, and have come to the conclusion DFO IS NOT TO TRUSTED. A sad time for sure!!!! (sorry about the exclamation marks)
You did not understand a thing that I said. My point is simple. Angry, profanity laden letters and forum posts suggesting that fishers will ignore the law are counterproductive. They will not advance your position. They will instead potentially be used to portray recreational fishers as emotional scofflaws. No good can come from this approach.

Fogged in got my point. See his post above.

Derby not a laughing matter . you LOL LOL ed along time ago this isnt funny but you seem to think it is , dont quite understand it really being a sfab rep.
I even said a long time ago there needed to be pushback last year when area 19/20 got slammed I was told to shut up, hate mail etc as i even said back many years ago if we didnt stop it it would spider web out to "other areas" well guess what its on you all now .... just like I said it would .
Worst part is lot of people are losing jobs houses and businesses I know of 3 charters just in sooke that have folded and long time one at that . this really hurts and not fair. tourism is way down.

The whole system is flawed And i really dont know what the answer is, they (DFO) do not listen to the SFAB reps quite apparently. I really hope you all can make the best of it and please try and enjoy yourselves. As next year I dont think will be any better ...

Organization is critical. Protest by whatever means is essential. Otherwise it's business as usual.
"Protest beyond the law is not a departure from democracy; it is absolutely essential to it. It is a corrective to the sluggishness of "the proper channels," a way of breaking through blocked passages. It is disruptive and troublesome, but it is a necessary disruption, a healthy troublesome." - Howard Zinn

Next you guys can rotate :rolleyes: if you think it is SFAB fault. So stuff it if you are going there. I didn't even know about as it moved that fast

Not sure why this is heading in the direction it is. Kinda getting close to the old “ask some direct questions, get in return, accusations of blaming or not appreciating the sfab and the others
etc.” Surely we are past that crap?

I want to know if dfo followed the agreements and consolidated sfab

I would also like to know if the slot came from DFO or if it was a con session to other measures. If so what where they?
No conspiracy or hidden agenda in asking that. I should say though.
To be honest and For the record no matter where it came from it is stupid and serves only to look good in the eyes of the sheep. Negatively, it has the potential to be with us for good. If that happens then they just took a bunch more of the fun out it for folks. Also make it difficult and awkward for many that do not get a bunch of time on the water and do not have the experience judging size.
Not to mention the eager eyes of all those gunning for no C&R

Now that has been answered, let’s move on. Please!!

Derby: As far as the comment of .. ”DFO could always have left it closed”. I suppose you are right. Does not mean I am grateful for the fact he dumped another stupid slot on us 2 days before retention. How has the last 10-12 (not sure how many) years on the south end worked out for getting more fish returning?

Fishtofino: As far as calling the minister. He has clearly shown he has no interest in answering anyone questioning his decisions. Nor is he likely to be honest.

Also I kinda thought that with how bad it is now and what is likely coming, that we would have moved past the old BS and got an answer on here from someone out of those who know.

Anyway I hope it is only two weeks. I doubt it will be . I am curious as to how the size restrictions are already and will affect bookings?

Rays

Last edited:
Derby not a laughing matter . you LOL LOL ed along time ago this isnt funny but you seem to think it is , dont quite understand it really being a sfab rep.
I even said a long time ago there needed to be pushback last year when area 19/20 got slammed I was told to shut up, hate mail etc as i even said back many years ago if we didnt stop it it would spider web out to "other areas" well guess what its on you all now .... just like I said it would .
Worst part is lot of people are losing jobs houses and businesses I know of 3 charters just in sooke that have folded and long time one at that . this really hurts and not fair. tourism is way down.

The whole system is flawed And i really dont know what the answer is, they (DFO) do not listen to the SFAB reps quite apparently. I really hope you all can make the best of it and please try and enjoy yourselves. As next year I dont think will be any better ...

Roy your statement once again show your total lack of understanding on how any of it works.. I would say more.. but apparently any time i call u out I'm a bullie so carry on my friend with what your current agenda is ..Hows it worked for u so far............

Then call the fu..ing DFO and ask. How the hell are we supposed to know?

Jonathan Wilkinson jonathan.wilkinson@parl.gc.ca
Andrew Thomson 604-666-0753 andrew.thomson@dfo-mpo.gc.ca
Rebecca Reid 604-666-6098 rebecca.reid@dfo-mpo.gc.ca
Jeff Grout 604-666-0497 jeff.grout@dfo-mpo.gc.ca

Thanks for your help! Couldn't have done it without you.

Clearly you have no clue, if you did you would know that there are lots of people on this forum that know those answers.
Guess a guy can’t ask on a forum that has a bunch of members from Sfac/ab, SFI,wcfga, and sviac executives on it. My bad.

Thanks for the help all the same .

Not sure why this is heading in the direction it is. Kinda getting close to the old “ask some direct questions, get in return, accusations of blaming or not appreciating the sfab and the others

I would also like to know if the slot came from DFO or if it was a con session to other measures. If so what where they?
To be honest and For the record no matter where it came from it is stupid and serves only to look good in the eyes of the sheep. Negatively, it has the potential to be with us for good. If that happens then they just took a bunch more of the fun out it for folks. Also make it difficult and awkward for many that do not get a bunch of time on the water and do not have the experience judging size.

Derby: As far as the comment of .. ”DFO could always have left it closed”. I suppose you are right. Does not mean I am grateful for the fact he dumped another stupid slot on us 2 days before retention. How has the last 10-12 (not sure how many) years on the south end worked out for getting more fish returning?

Fishtofino: As far as calling the minister. He has clearly shown he has no interest in answering anyone questioning his decisions. Nor is he likely to be honest.

Also I kinda thought that with how bad it is now and what is likely coming, that we would have moved past the old BS and got an answer on here from someone out of those who know.

Anyway I hope it is only two weeks. I doubt it will be . I am curious as to how the size restrictions are already and will affect bookings?

Rays

As u have notice the trend with the liberal government is not to listen to anything the SFAB says the last couple years .. the idea that we were even ask is funny... sorry Ray... that being said my point is everyone needs to understand ...that slide is really serious.. we are talking Hells gate bad.... I agree that are impacts are basically zero.. Hatchery fish should be retained in the big size and all along..

Roy what happen down in Sooke wrong in so many levels.... Here are the Facts..The SFAB does its very best with some of the brightest people i know working to help your areas out... believe or not.... I can tell you one of the biggest reason you are in this whole like it or not.... no log book info and not DNA and i will point that finger at you.. So when u curse me.. look in the mirror....

is the slide so bad that I should be cancelling my August fishing plans?

Is there any hope of DFO using sound management and letting us harvest stocks that are not impacted by the slide?

The slide they think happened in October or November of last year, does that mean all the fish that migrated up there this year are sitting below the slide?

Rays

Are we passed it Ray really?

Thanks for your help! Couldn't have done it without you.

Clearly you have no clue, if you did you would know that there are lots of people on this forum that know those answers.
Guess a guy can’t ask on a forum that has a bunch of members from Sfac/ab, SFI,wcfga, and sviac executives on it. My bad.

Thanks for the help all the same .
Do you really understand how DFO’s decision making process works these days? Your questions clearly show that you’re as clueless as DFO.

As u have notice the trend with the liberal government is not to listen to anything the SFAB says the last couple years .. the idea that we were even ask is funny... sorry Ray... that being said my point is everyone needs to understand ...that slide is really serious.. we are talking Hells gate bad.... I agree that are impacts are basically zero.. Hatchery fish should be retained in the big size and all along..

Roy what happen down in Sooke wrong in so many levels.... Here are the Facts..The SFAB does its very best with some of the brightest people i know working to help your areas out... believe or not.... I can tell you one of the biggest reason you are in this whole like it or not.... no log book info and not DNA and i will point that finger at you.. So when u curse me.. look in the mirror....
Are we passed it Ray really?

Certainly seems you are not. I guess I will speak for myself and let you do the same.

is the slide so bad that I should be cancelling my August fishing plans?

Is there any hope of DFO using sound management and letting us harvest stocks that are not impacted by the slide?

The slide they think happened in October or November of last year, does that mean all the fish that migrated up there this year are sitting below the slide?
I already cancelled my trip to Telegraph Cove. No hope in DFO’s sanity and the s..tshow is likely to get even worse.

Do you really understand how DFO’s decision making process works these days? Your questions clearly show that you’re as clueless as DFO.

Guess not! Seems I should have done got me some more of that fancy book learnen. Maybe I wouldn’t be so “clueless “

Take care
Ray

Back