2019 Winter Harbour Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll be out at Cliff point tomorrow ,leaving Telegraph at 5:15 with the boat on the trailer. hopefully some trailer parking to be had in Coal harbour. What channel do guys stand by on out there.
I’ll be in TC on Sunday, be staying in your campground, should meet up for a BS

Mike and I will be in Winter Harbour from Tuesday the 16th to Friday the 19th. We will be the 20' Double Eagle moored at the Outpost. If any SFBC members would like to stop by for a beer it would be great to meet up and share intel. Weather is looking a little sporty next week but I'm sure we can scratch something up.

I’ll be in TC on Sunday, be staying in your campground, should meet up for a BS
Sound good, we're in site 26 up on the top of the permanent sites. Cliff pt. Was good today, it was a 50 minutes run at 24 knts from the launch to Cliff point. Had 4 Springs and a coho by 13:00 and left to get back to the launch before we lost to much water to get the boat out on the trailer.

Mike and I will be in Winter Harbour from Tuesday the 16th to Friday the 19th. We will be the 20' Double Eagle moored at the Outpost. If any SFBC members would like to stop by for a beer it would be great to meet up and share intel. Weather is looking a little sporty next week but I'm sure we can scratch something up.
We will be there on the 14th, we will find some time to kill and talk fishing lies. Heheheh, Outpost space 13. Never been there before. any reports on the road conditions getting there?

We will be there on the 14th, we will find some time to kill and talk fishing lies. Heheheh, Outpost space 13. Never been there before. any reports on the road conditions getting there?
That's a long bumpy road in to WH with lots of logging traffic at times. We are launching in Port Alice.

Norman, I quit bringing up shrimp pots several years ago. I think the commercial folks hit it pretty hard, we always had a marginal yield and decided it wasn't worth the effort. You might have better luck so let us know if you do try. Back when I was messing with it, mostly dropped pots on the north side, roughly opposite Cliff Pointe.
Good luck

Don't worry about the loggers, they're all on strike up north island way. Roads should be quiet aside from maybe lowbeds. Headed up Wednesday...

Don't worry about the loggers, they're all on strike up north island way. Roads should be quiet aside from maybe lowbeds. Headed up Wednesday...
Good point, forgot about that. I still wouldn't tow a big boat in there again. The last time I trailered that road was pulling a 19' fiberglass on rollers. I sweated every bump. Anything bigger I'll boat the inlet.

Good point, forgot about that. I still wouldn't tow a big boat in there again. The last time I trailered that road was pulling a 19' fiberglass on rollers. I sweated every bump. Anything bigger I'll boat the inlet.
Thanks we are doing both, I'm launching at CH with boat, friends are towing a 21 foot trailer up on the logging roads. Hoping the path is well marked?

Norman, I quit bringing up shrimp pots several years ago. I think the commercial folks hit it pretty hard, we always had a marginal yield and decided it wasn't worth the effort. You might have better luck so let us know if you do try. Back when I was messing with it, mostly dropped pots on the north side, roughly opposite Cliff Pointe.
Good luck
Thanks for the info, I'm all packed up, this will be our learning curve year. check on us channel #69 Deplorables.

Thanks we are doing both, I'm launching at CH with boat, friends are towing a 21 foot trailer up on the logging roads. Hoping the path is well marked?
My last trip up there was 2 years ago and the road was fairly well marked. I could see how you could miss a turn in the dark but during daylight they should be fine. Make sure their tires are good to start with and ideally carry 2 spares. That shot rock can be a ***** on tires and similar to any other long logging road it isn't uncommon to get more than one flat.

Good luck and see you up there,

Brian

It is very well marked. I was just up there a month and a half ago. Planning on making the trip again soon. Take it slow with a boat, roads like that are hard on the hull. I personally would launch in CH as well. I drove in because I wasn’t towing. Don’t shy away from it though just take it easy. Friend of mine had his hitch pop off about half way in towing his boat.

Just had 2 days there , flat calm, very successful at Cliffe on the morning turn fishing on the inside side of the boundary tight to shore and shallow. Used Peetze new 3.5 inch hammer and small anchovies, 2 in the low 30's and 2 in high 20's for the two of us today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back