Slot limit announced....

I agree with you. Our Fed gov is NOT running Canada. A minority who will settle for nothing less than all resources as they had 500+ years ago. Who voted for these butt wipes, that want this, we need names.

HM

So my family heritage on my dad’s side goes back to the 1700’s in the maritimes and back to the 1800’s on my mother’s side in the prairies.

Should I get preferential treatment to someone who showed up 30 yrs ago?

That's not real. The government is pandering because they don't know how to fix what they totally messed up. The Corporation Government of Canada is a De Facto governance regime.(Communism at best)
Slippery slope your taking this down....... people who live in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones

I read and reread the fisheries notice and no where does it say that this is for areas 23,24,25 just the 123,124,125,126. Or at I wrong?

Me too. The slot seems in effect in the areas that were closed until July 15. Places that were open for bigger fish haven't changed, except for the "normal" July 15 nearshore changes near Nootka (there's probably others), and the area 24 Aug 1st inshore chinook closure which happens every year.
If I'm wrong, can someone point to the link?
Who posted about too many 20lbers at Big Bank during a Hali search? That was cruel.

Last edited:
Me too. The slot is in seems in effect in the areas that were closed until July 15. Places that were open for bigger fish haven't changed, except for the "normal" July 15 nearshore changes near Nootka (there's probably others), and the area 24 Aug 1st inshore chinook closure which happens every year.
If I'm wrong, can someone point to the link?
Who posted about too many 20lbers at Big Bank during a Hali search? That was cruel.

https://notices.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fns-sap/index-eng.cfm

Ahh, you are kidding right. I call the government at fault and you say I am throwing stones. Interesting. Yet it is ok to take a government decision and then people automatically blame indigenous people for the decision that the Corporation Government of Canada made. Pal, I don't see color or race, I see people. For ten years I warned that all fishing sectors need to work together...no one would hear of it. Now we have two majorly effected fishing sectors and again I am calling for partnerships. Comprehension is the bane of this site. I'll just be quiet now. Sorry to have passed the light onto this touchy subject, I didn't mean to upset you. Austa.
Start a whole new thread and I would be more then happy to debate with you about this subject

So it looks like inshore Nootka and up to the 1NM boundary is still open over 80cm... and Bajo is closed and off shore is 45-80... am I reading that right?

Ahh, you are kidding right. I call the government at fault and you say I am throwing stones. Interesting. Yet it is ok to take a government decision and then people automatically blame indigenous people for the decision that the Corporation Government of Canada made. Pal, I don't see color or race, I see people. For ten years I warned that all fishing sectors need to work together...no one would hear of it. Now we have two majorly effected fishing sectors and again I am calling for partnerships. Comprehension is the bane of this site. I'll just be quiet now. Sorry to have passed the light onto this touchy subject, I didn't mean to upset you. Austa.
I think these closures actually are hitting a lot of FN operations on the coast very hard as well. Clipped American fish have absolutely nothing to do with any Canadian enhancement efforts or Indigenous rights other than what the Liberals are perhaps offering up as fodder in some secret discussions that we are not aware of.

This is just Fkn great, just headed out the door to head to the island and see this ****! What’s the friggen point on going now, I’m about to pull the pin on this whole trip if I can’t even keep a fish over 12lbs. These guys are out of heir friggen minds!!

I read and reread the fisheries notice and no where does it say that this is for areas 23,24,25 just the 123,124,125,126. Or at I wrong?

I agree. I read it that the fish in 23,24,25 have no maximal size restriction.

HB

WTF! Where did I once in this thread bring up rights issues. I am talking about today's decision and how important, now more than ever both the recreational anglers and the commercial fisherman need to partner. One voice for the public fishery. Smarten up!
You didn’t mention anything about rights. Let’s all stay on the same side

Back