Glow spoons

Bearded wonder

probably a newbie question but where do you guys store your glow spoons/flashers/hoochies? I was thinking about it today and wondering if they need to be ‘charged’ by light like my glow rods. And if so then storing them in a tackle box may not be the best.

Thanks in advance.

I have a small LED UV flashlight from amazon that was around $12. It sure makes the lures glow in my basement but not sure if it actually improves anything in the fishing world. I’ve put down rusty purple spoons and caught a ton of fish so i think it’s more about finding the fish instead of having a bright shiny object down there.

If you have any LED lights on your boat like a rigid light or that kind of light, they seem to work good to make it glow

Tacklebox.

I charge up my glow spoons and flashers before using them and again every 30min or so using a UV flashlight. Only a deliberate pass of the flashlight needed. In my testing, this method keeps the glow for at least 30 min. I find it makes a difference.

Tacklebox.

I charge up my glow spoons and flashers before using them and again every 30min or so using a UV flashlight. Only a deliberate pass of the flashlight needed. In my testing, this method keeps the glow for at least 30 min. I find it makes a difference.
Ditto!

I keep my glow gear in clear plastic food containers. Let's enough light in for a good charge on a bright day.
A couple of bucks each at Cantire.

Charge wears off actually. Stick them in your closest and test yourself.

Also you get a more intense glow using the UV light.

Last edited:
Try doing both, use a flashlight and use the sunlight on your trip out. Go with the percentages, that’s at least a mental advantage, and that’s something anyway. Anglers tend to stick with something they know works just a little longer and that can make all the difference in the world. Believing is half the battle because it breeds patience and patience produces fish

Back