Rod Storage at Home Ideas

Corey_lax

Crew Member
Ive been lacking rod storage at home for a while and recently acquired some more rods so I need to build some new storage racks of some kind at home and looking for ideas. What does every have at home for their rod storage that isn’t just leaning it against a wall.

I got rods of all different types and sizes, and small reels or big reels so they need room in between them. Sturgeon rods, Hali rods, mooching rods, lake casting rods, river casting rods. All have a different lengths and thicknesses so it’s hard to use a generic rod holder because they don’t fit with different thicknesses. I probably have 15 setups that I would organized in a rack of some sort. I’m thinking I might mount some pvc pipes to the ceiling of the basement so that I can mount them to the ceiling out of the way and grab them as needed.

What do you guys do to store rods of all different types in an organized fashion that doesn’t take up much real estate? Pics are much appreciated

I just used some 1" ABS 90s and a few 1" ABS caps with some 1" wood doweling. Went threw the center of the caps into the roof of my garage, came down 5" to a 90 deg and went 4ft across. Kinda like a upside down car top luggage rack. Don't have any pics of it

Been thinking of finding an old pool cue rack and making some adjustments to it. I don't have tall enough ceilings (where I'm allowed to hide my hoard), so some would have to store in two pieces. But it should work well enough.
upload_2019-7-9_8-20-54.png

The space between the open garage door and the garage ceiling is a place a lot of people use well may/may not work for you.

Living in apartment this is what I'm stuck with-works 'ok' if you're careful.

20190709_083916[1].jpg

Last edited:
Mine is similar to the one Almar22 showed above, but instead of the notched tabs for the tip end I used screw in tea cup hooks.

This has the potential to be thread of the year. Oh wait, sorry, July 15 and 31st are approaching. Maybe thread of the year in November. I love seeing home organizing tips. PVC,wood, bungee cords, yeah.

Back