Status
Not open for further replies.
10 Chinook a year coastwide.
Renfrew is 2 a day and opens July 15
but one a day Victoria and Sooke when it opens Aug 1?
Someone please clarify one or two a day when Victoria - Sooke opens.
And will Sheringham west be closed?
I understand Otter - Muir will be open
Yes sheringham west will be closed then.

This is off the Port Renfrew marina web site. They think East Point to Victoria is the same rules as Sooke etc. Might want to verify Sheringham west is closed

"one bit of good news here is that the area immediately to the East of San Juan Point which was closed last Summer to all fin fish angling, will now once again be open to ground fish angling. The Providence and Sombrio areas which traditionally have been popular for Lings and ground fish are now open. Chinook fishing in that area will remain as non retention until August 1 when a one fish per day terminal fishery commences, followed by a two fish per day limit after the end of August".

This is off the Port Renfrew marina web site. They think East Point to Victoria is the same rules as Sooke etc. Might want to verify Sheringham west is closed

"one bit of good news here is that the area immediately to the East of San Juan Point which was closed last Summer to all fin fish angling, will now once again be open to ground fish angling. The Providence and Sombrio areas which traditionally have been popular for Lings and ground fish are now open. Chinook fishing in that area will remain as non retention until August 1 when a one fish per day terminal fishery commences, followed by a two fish per day limit after the end of August".
Non retention on July 31 west of sheringham point

Spent a great today with @Prfisher. Runs a great boat. Got into them early and often using anchovies. Many hits, 9 real hook ups. 7 chinook to boatside with a variety of size (8-18?). Had a very good fish on which after a very healthy fight and some great runs, sawed off the 40# leader. Depth 40-60 feet around otter point. Thanks Rollie!

Howard

Thanks Howard, nice to meet you and your family. Was happy to give your Grand Slam Bucktails a try on the one rod too.....and each colour we tried hooked up Chinook. They should work really well for Coho too when I fish them in the fall. I should have asked you to leave one behind for me to try. Thanks again. Rollie

Got out on Friday aft with Bagjaun from Pedder and scooted over to start at Aldridge. Fishing into the current we picked up a 7 lb just before the Head. Quiet for a bit then his rod went off as we approached the trap. A solid 20lb scrappy wild released at the side of the boat in the choppy conditions. Only other bites were double header of Lings that were undersize that we jigged up back in Pedder. Thanks pal for another great day on your awesome boat.

Thanks Howard, nice to meet you and your family. Was happy to give your Grand Slam Bucktails a try on the one rod too.....and each colour we tried hooked up Chinook. They should work really well for Coho too when I fish them in the fall. I should have asked you to leave one behind for me to try. Thanks again. Rollie
They work excellent for all species of Salmon. Used to tie up my own years ago now I just buy them as time is more scarce these days. Even get Lings on big ones with weighted heads trolled bouncing the bottom. Put big hooks on them to keep the small Rock fish off. If you're a tier, tie some up with a swivel hinge hinge in the middle with trailer hook and diver weighted head...can run them naked that way and lot's of fun.

can anyone tell me if they are catching any pinks lately in sook and if so in any abundance ? Thanx for any info...….C.A.

Is area 20 sooke non retention for chinook all season? Fish B.C. app says till July 31 2020.

The app should update on the changes but they did have some delays last time updating. Stizzla and I were joined on the water by DFO last month once they seen us they knew we couldn’t catch fish ;-) but I asked him that very question. That was his response.

Wow what a day, went 9 for 16. got 10, 12, 15, 17, and 25 and a couple under 10. 3 x double headers. Highlight was the 17 on cut plug and 25 it was an Awesome battle, beauty of a fish. Fished Otter till 11:30am, then possession, secretary, and trap. Got the big one on a turn just before the gap at secretary. Lost 3 nice one as well. bait early morning, spoons after 11am, switched to spoons green glow and Herring aid skinny g and Bon Chovy wee g Bam bam! 43, 53, 55, 65 depths

There was a question about pinks--picked up one and only one when out searching 575 to 625 foot off the Head. Soon to be on the bbq. I would guess another week or 2 for the numbers to show up.

July 31st closed Sheringham west to where? East Point?
To

July 31st closed Sheringham west to where? East Point?
To east point

See the DFO information below. 20-3 is under the same rules as 20-4 through 7. Is this not updated?

1.JPG 2.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back