Trophy Tyee QR Mooching Reel

walleyes

Crew Member
Any feed back on these reels. Looking at maybe picking one up for my son for a birthday gift.

My bother has one and the spool will jam against the Scotty duel rod holders and that’s kind of annoying.

Other then that seems like a great reel

I didn’t know we had this debate before must have missed it lol.

I’m a big Islander fan and run 2 Rapala NC’s that I’m not overly impressed by so was looking at one of these for the boat maybe.
Was just kind of wondering if they are worth their money or not.

I didn’t know we had this debate before must have missed it lol.

I’m a big Islander fan and run 2 Rapala NC’s that I’m not overly impressed by so was looking at one of these for the boat maybe.
Was just kind of wondering if they are worth their money or not.

do a search. pages and pages and pages of debates on this topic.

Get an Amundson if you’re looking for a decent reel at a cheaper price than islanders. And if you want to spend money, don’t bother with an mr3 and just go straight to tr3. That’s it. End of discussion. Lock this thread.

do a search. pages and pages and pages of debates on this topic.

Well I wasn’t looking for a debate I was wondering if these particular reels are worth their money. I wasn’t wanting to nor trying to compare them to an Islander I know what an islander is there is no debating that.

Thx all for your help.

Not sure if any of the expensive reels are really worth the money I got one of thoes Daiwa M-one's http://www.daiwa.com/us/contents/reels/m_one_utd/index.html been using it now for 3 seasons, cost 100 bucks. Do more expensive reels make you catch more fish?

Going to try some improvements that @Dogbreath suggested

That being said if I had cash to burn i would buy the TR3 because society has told me i neeeeedsssss it. lol

Looking at Harbour Chandler and the Amundsen Trend X5 is on special right now might go that route.

I don’t want this to turn into an expensive reel vs cheap reel debate yes we’ve had enough of those each to their own on that. I just didn’t want to waste $350 or so on something not good which is how I feel about my 2 North Coasts.

Thanks I think I’ve got my answer already, which I was kind of thinking of the Amundsen anyways.

Looking at Harbour Chandler and the Amundsen Trend X5 is on special right now might go that route.

How much is it I’ve been thinking about getting a reel in the 300 range of there is a big improvement.

I don’t want this to turn into an expensive reel vs cheap reel debate yes we’ve had enough of those each to their own on that. I just didn’t want to waste $350 or so on something not good which is how I feel about my 2 North Coasts.

Thanks I think I’ve got my answer already, which I was kind of thinking of the Amundsen anyways.
How much is it I’ve been thinking about getting a reel in the 300 range of there is a big improvement.
Go to the crew member store and they are cheaper than HC

been using them for 14 years same reels and fish alot even back in the SS days when i met ya walleyes call me ill tell ya what to do to make them the best reel you ever own

Well I wasn’t looking for a debate I was wondering if these particular reels are worth their money. I wasn’t wanting to nor trying to compare them to an Islander I know what an islander is there is no debating that.

Thx all for your help.

For that price range i would buy the Amundsen TMX-5. I bought one for my wife and it performs flawlessly and zero creep unlike my Islanders.

Back