Another kick in the teeth to the public fishery

Samnjoe

Below is a link to another proposed change to a large RCA north of Winter Harbor.
DFO seems to be looking to include one of the only productive Salmon fishing areas left North of the Quatsino light as part of their systematic dismantling of the the BC public tidal fishery.
For what its worth there is a survey in the link for you to leave your comments.

http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/forms/fm-gp/rca-acs/topknot-eng.aspx#current

This was my comment

"The area you are considering adding to the existing RCA is an important public salmon fishing area for the Winter harbor area and is virtually the only productive area north of the Quatsino light house.
This change if implemented will be yet another nail in the coffin of the BC public tidal fishery and will greatly affect businesses in this area already devastated by the recent offshore closures."

Last edited:
Below is a link to another proposed change to a large RCA north of Winter Harbor.
DFO seems to be looking to include one of the only productive Salmon fishing areas left North of the Quatsino light as part of their systematic dismantling of the the BC public tidal fishery.
For what its worth there is a survey in the link for you to leave your comments.

http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/forms/fm-gp/rca-acs/topknot-eng.aspx#current

This was my comment

"The area you are considering adding to the existing RCA is an important public salmon fishing area for the Winter harbor area and is virtually the only productive area north of the Quatsino light house.
This change if implemented will be yet another nail in the coffin of the BC public tidal fishery and will greatly affect businesses in this area already devastated by the recent offshore closures."

Here comes the MPA. Better vote these clowns out October.

This is one of the few productive areas left open north of Quatsino for salmon fishing by Wilkinson's draconian and unwise political based closures. Is it the direct intent of DFO to systematically destroy the BC public tidal fishery? Is it their desire to see so many more businesses and jobs fail directly due to their actions? The imposition of this area closure will present the final straw that forces the loss of many more jobs, on top of the thousands already incurred. Therefore this in an incredibly unwise decision at this point in time.

When we were in talks about the glass sponge reefs they basically told us they were going to be truthing more and more areas. Would be expanding RCA's and they had major pressure to expand them in all the areas sports fishermen like to fish. Structure, points, eddies basically anywhere that holds bait.

No one wanted to have to protest at the ministers office but the event organizers felt that there was no other option.

There is no sitting back and acting like this stuff I sent going to come because it is convening to an area near you.

Last edited:
They’re not going to stop until it’s all gone people.

Does an April1- July 31 total fin fish closure to much of the south coast ( all of Georgia straight, Johnston and more) in 20/20 sound far fetched to anyone ?

RCA expansion, mpa’s , critical habitat, reconciliation. Not much hope left beyond a few terminal hatchery fisheries in our future from what I read out of all the crap going on.

Maybe I am being overly negative? Sure hope so! But, ugh getting hard to take.

Does an April1- July 31 total fin fish closure to much of the south coast ( all of Georgia straight, Johnston and more) in 20/20 sound far fetched to anyone ?

RCA expansion, mpa’s , critical habitat, reconciliation. Not much hope left beyond a few terminal hatchery fisheries in our future from what I read out of all the crap going on.

Maybe I am being overly negative? Sure hope so! But, ugh getting hard to take.

We have a chance to make a statement on all this this coming Oct. Make a stand let Ottawa know we won’t stand for this. Keep the votes away from the Greens and the Libtards other wise get ready for another 4 years of even more restrictions that will never be reversed. Keep these kind of people in power and we will continue to lose more and more freedoms with each passing year.

I hope you all left your name's and email addresses as well. I did. Now I'm holding my breath and waiting for their call!

Back